Monday, October 23, 2017

Post-STS 12-Weeks: Week 6

I really liked my first week of Cathe's Low Impact Series (LIS).  Only one more week of these great workouts before I have new workouts to try!

This week and next week will be especially hard on the diet.  It's my birthday and because of out-of-town family, the festivities will be longer than a day.  And then, a long weekend trip will throw everything out of whack.  But first, a normal workout week...

Monday: Cathe's LIS Total Body Tri-Sets: Upper + walk + YWA


I couldn't remember this workout when I started it at 5:30am....  It was a bit of a rough morning due to a headache.  But I quickly got into this and enjoyed it!  I didn't even really mind the push-ups all that much. Amazing!  At lunch, I hadn't intended on walking but I did - outside, because the weather was perfect.  My heart rate went up and stayed up for 25 minutes.  After work, I did this new YWA that really worked the core.  Nice!

Tuesday:  Cathe's LIS Total Body Tri-Sets Lower + yoga


Wow, so this lower body workout is definitely tough; last week's session was no fluke.  I can't believe that I can feel so much pain after all the Cathe workouts I've done.  But this one leaves me in pain.  I just hope it doesn't last as long as last week's pain!  Dang!  And just like last week, my heart rate stayed up - in my "peak" zone - so this counted as cardio as well as weights!  At the end of the day, I did a short yoga flow - my own - to stretch out those tired leg muscles!  

Wednesday: Michelle's Peak 10 More Cardio Interval Burn


Cardio this morning!  Michelle got me up and going super fast this morning!  Ha!  As is my morning norm, I didn't do the peaks.  But this is still a great cardio workout!  And I love Michelle; her enthusiasm is contagious.  These CIBs are great to throw into Cathe-heavy weeks because the cardio is so different from Cathe's.  And you need both kinds!

Thursday: Cathe's LIS Cardio Supersets + walk + YWA


My stomach was not happy this morning so this workout was a challenge.  I lost about 5 minutes due to running to the bathroom.  Fun.  This is a good low-impact workout but it doesn't keep my heart rate as high as Afterburn.  At lunch, I walked outside since it was gorgeous out, again.  I wish the weather would always be this nice!  After work, I did this YWA, which is really, really good.  It gets you moving and has a nice rhythm.  

Friday: Dozois' Peak 10 Dynamic Flexibility + Core Dynamics

Dynamic Flexibility really is the perfect recovery workout.  Michelle makes you move to get nice and warm and before you know it, you're nice and stretched.  All those muscles that worked hard all week get a nice recovery.  After that 30 minutes, I did 10 minutes of Core Dynamics, which is never easy.  I think my abs are doing better but parts of this were still challenging.  Oy!

Saturday: Cathe's LIS Afterburn + Turbo Barre


I was actually looking forward to Afterburn today!  And it was just as good as last week!  I don't have sliding discs so those moves were high impact for me but I didn't mind.  It was a great workout and mostly low impact!  After that 45 minutes, I did the legwork in Turbo Barre...and it was just as agonizingly painful as last week.  OMG!  As much as it hurts and I hate it at the time, I know it's doing something to my body so it's okay....after the fact.  Ha!  That torture lasted for 35 minutes and then I did ten minutes of abs and stretching.  A great morning!

Sunday: Cathe's Crossfire + Turbo Barre + YWA

So the original Crossfire is just a bit easier than the Express Crossfire Live, which I did last week.  The difference was 180 jumps - blessedly absent from the original.  But it's still a tough workout and my heart rate stayed sky high for a long time.  That lasted 45 minutes. After that, I did the rest of Turbo Barre, except for the weighted arms exercises - but I did the push-ups, tricep dips, planks, and ab work.  Whew!  I stretched a bit and then did this lovely but short YWA.  A good birthday workout!

Calorie Counts:

I had three really good days this week and with the birthday festivities, that was all I could manage.  Sigh.

No comments: