Monday, October 9, 2017

Post-STS 12-Weeks: Week 4

Yay!  This is the last week of Cathe's weighted Gym Style workouts.  They are super effective but tough, so I don't mind shelving them for a while.  I hope to get them reviewed and post those reviews soon.  

Though this has  been a tough four weeks, I've really enjoyed the new and different workouts.  Cathe has put together some incredible workouts throughout her long career!

Monday: REST


A stomach bug or something kept me from working out today.  Boo!

Tuesday: Cathe's Gym Style: Back, Shoulders, and Biceps + walk + YWA


I was feeling better today so I tackled this Gym Styles workout at 5:30am.  I was dreading it but I got through it and am happy to not see it for a while!  The bicep work seems endless!  At lunch, I walked at the rec center since I got so few steps in my morning workout.  It was nice to get away from the office for a bit!  This YWA is a great one to come back to - all about flow and breathing.  Lovely!

Wednesday: Cathe's Rock'm Sock'm

This was just what I needed - kickboxing!  It's been a while since I had a morning of kickboxing so it was a nice change today. Rock'm Sock'm is part of Cathe ICE - intermediate - series but it really packs a punch with some serious cardio drills throughout the workout.  The punch combinations were fun.... I really like this one!  Obligations after work meant no YWA - which really saddened me.

Thursday: Cathe's Rock Body Boot Camp Live + walk


Time for another metabolic workout (weights + cardio).  I'm loving these!  This one was a doozy.  While the cardio wasn't crazy intense, it raised my heart rate and the weights kept it up.  Wow!  I was almost struggling to keep up with Cathe's pace with some of the weighted work.  But it was fun and I'll definitely have to do this one again!  At lunch, I walked at the rec center, working up a nice sweat!  I even added on some core work.

Friday: Dozois Peak 10 More Cardio Interval Burn

Since I had an unexpected rest day on Monday, I had to do this CIB on Friday.  Oy.  These CIBs are not easy in the morning.  I got through this one but, like last week, I kept the peaks "low" instead of going all out.  This is one of my favorite cardio workouts - it really makes you work!  This was definitely a productive morning!

Saturday: Cathe's Quick Fix Cardio Live + Gym Style: Legs + YWA

Time for some serious work today!  I needed some cardio and this short, 30-minute Quick Fix was perfect!  You go straight into snowboarders after a 5-minute warm-up and you don't stop for the next 25 minutes.  Whew!  I then did my last Gym Style: Legs workout.  Yay!  This one is tough and it kept the sweat pouring off of me.  And finally, after some sit-ups, I tuned into a nice, relaxing YWA to stretch out my legs.  A good morning!

Sunday:  Cathe's Cardio Core Circuit Live + Gym Style: Chest and Triceps + Lean Legs and Abs (leg + ab tracks)

I was not looking forward to all this today!  I started with cardio - and this live workout really gets my heart rate up there!  I like it so much more than the DVD, though.  Ha!  After that, I did my 72 push-ups and all the rest of this Gym Style workout.  What got me through was knowing this was the last time or a long time.  I then tuned into Lean Legs and Abs to do the 10-minute toning leg portion followed by the ab track, which I did last week.  After all that - almost two hours, I stretched.  

Calorie Counts:

I had four really good days and then another bad weekend.  And I don't regret the bad weekend - much.  Sigh.

No comments: