Monday, October 30, 2017

Post-STS 12-Weeks: Week 7

This week is going to be an off week, which is a shame because I start a 4-week rotation of Cathe's 4 Day Split Series.  I'll be out of town for the latter half of the week, so one of the 4 days will probably not happen.  Sigh.  

But.  I haven't had two consecutive days of rest since May, so I'm not going to cry too much.  When you train hard, your body needs breaks.  And my body will get a break this week.  And it will get new workouts - yay!

A word on the 4 Day Split Series...  I'm moving all the core work to the weekend because I just don't have enough time on weekday mornings.  That means, hopefully, I can fit the rest of the workout into a morning since I'll save the core...  

Monday: Cathe's 4 Day Split: Lower Impact Step + walk + YWA

So these videos are all formatted the same way: cardio and then weights.  You work a different muscle group each day.  With the lower impact step, you work shoulders.  So after about 20 minutes of step, it was time for weights.  I liked this format, though I still don't love the complicated step routines.  Hopefully, after doing these for a month, they'll become easier.  At lunch, I walked at the rec center and did core work.  And after work, this YWA really got me sweaty and twisted!

Tuesday: Cathe's 4 Day Split: Higher Intensity Step + walk 

Another step video today!  This one definitely had its confusing moments but I kept on going and got nice and sweaty.  Again, I hope this is easier the next time I do it - and the next!  After about 20-25 minutes of cardio, it was time for the weights - chest and back on this video.  Nice!  At lunch, I walked outside for 30 minutes - it was gorgeous outside!!  I love fall!  I had every intention of doing a YWA after work but life interfered.

Wednesday: Cathe's 4 Day Split: Kickbox

I was supposed to wake up 15 minutes early to do more of this workout....  But I was up most of the night with a sick cat.  So, I got up at my normal time....but at least I still worked out!  The kickboxing in this workout was fun!   I had watched the video previously and did my own weights so I could fit everything into a shorter time table.  Oy.  So, next week I look forward to doing the entire workout!  I walked outside at lunch - nothing too vigorous as to be called a workout but it was still nice to get out.

Thursday: YWA

Out of town, on the first day of a short trip with my parents.  I managed this YWA at the end of our day in the hotel room.  And it was only 4 days after my birthday.  It was nice and slow - good considering I was stiff from a day in the car.  

Friday - Sunday: REST

I meant to do more yoga on our trip, but our hotel room was not conducive to it.  Oh, well.  At least my body got some good R&R.

No comments: