Monday, October 1, 2018

Cathe Mish Mosh: Week 10

I'm down to the last four weeks before our vacation!  I'm super excited...and super exhausted.

This week did not start well.  After a stressful weekend and a horrible night of sleep on Sunday, Monday dawned in the worst possible light.  I would have given anything for a holiday.  But no such luck.

Monday: Cathe's Metabolic Burn + YWA

The only saving grace to this early morning workout was the lack of jumping.  And actually, this metabolic workout was pure strength...with a cardio component due to the compound exercises.  This was not my favorite metabolic workout because my heart rate didn't stay as high as some of Cathe's other ones.  I was also slightly handicapped by my aching hamstrings....still from the Butt Bible on Saturday.  Yikes.  To try to help my poor legs, I did this YWA for flexibility.  

Tuesday: Cathe's Upper Body Challenge with Ball + walk 

After another night of restlessness, I jumped out of bed and did this upper body workout.  It was good but long.  It's divided up into muscle groups so I had to fast-forward some from every group to be able to get to all my upper body.  And my arms were shaking by the end.  At lunch, I walked, did sit-ups, and then stretched my - still aching - legs.  Oy.

Wednesday: Cathe's Rock Bottoms and Core + walk + YWA

I really liked this workout!  It's rare to find a workout that I like like, but this one was great.  The leg work was very focused on the bum so my still-aching hamstrings only protested the dead lifts.  But I felt this in my bum!  It was great!  There was both standing and floorwork for the bum and I did it all.  By the time Cathe got to core, I was out of time but I'll have to try it sometime.  At lunch, I walked again - and stretched my legs again.  I also planked. After work, this YWA was very nice - and soothing.

Thursday: YWA + Cathe's XTrain Core 1

Ah, my rest day.  And today I wasn't feeling well, so this workout happened at the end of the day.  This YWA was perfect - and helped me move after being lethargic.  Cathe's core was not so relaxing - but I love how these get easier (maybe, "less torturous" is a better way of saying it) the more I do them!

Friday: Cathe's Ramped Up Trisets

I was feeling better today, thankfully, and made the most of this workout.  Cathe took you through a cardio move and then three (trisets) weighted moves.  My heart rate stayed elevated, though not crazy high....   But I did enjoy this workout and it moved very quickly.  Cathe gives you the option to stop early - about 35 minutes in - or to keep going by repeating some trisets with her.  

Saturday: Cathe's Body Works + Nordin's Butt Bible 3

This live workout from Cathe was good - but I only did 25 minutes of it.  It was mostly strength - two cardio moves, about 3-4 weighted moves.  My heart rate didn't stay too high - but high enough.  After that, it was time to move on to what I've dreaded all week - Butt Bible.  I upped my weights by a pound and two at times....but I took precious care of my hamstrings this week.  And then I stretched really, really well.

Sunday: Cathe's X10 + XTrain Core 2

My hamstrings were perfectly fine today!!  Yes!  I'm so glad I was able to determine and correct what caused such pain from last week's Butt Bible.  My bum hurt, for sure, but I'm fine with that.  Ha!  X10 was brutal, as usual, but not quite as horrible as I anticipated.  I did these portions: Step, Hi/Lo, Cardio Blast.  Wow.  This workout is just amazing.  After that 45 minutes, I did the second XTrain Core, which is very nearly impossible for me, unless I do it over and over.  Ouch.  Finally, a stretch.

Calorie Counts:

Monday - 1790
Tuesday - 1179
Wednesday - 1183
Thursday - 1214
Friday - 1416
Saturday - 1361
Sunday - 1389

I was done 2 pounds this week.  TWO POUNDS!!!  I was ecstatic. I'm now the lowest I've been since my big weight gain.  Talk about feeling good!  But the crazy thing....  I weighed on Thursday morning, after eating out and having margaritas on Saturday....and eating bad on Monday.  I truly, honestly believe that your body needs these breaks from strict calorie restriction.  But, obviously, my theories are not always correct.




No comments: