Monday, October 15, 2018

Cathe Mish Mosh: Week 12

Less than two weeks until vacation!!!!  We leave next Friday and I cannot wait.

I'm feeling pretty rundown, which is expected after so many non-stop weeks of workouts and a minimal amount of calories.  I'm completely happy to work this hard two or three times a year...but it's not easy. 

Okay, so here we go - the last full week of workouts!!  

Monday: Cathe's Circuit Crush + YWA

My legs were still shaky this morning after Saturday's Butt Bible. I tell you - I've never seen anything as effective as the third level of Butt Bible.  Dang!  But moving on....  This Circuit Crush was formatted like this - cardio, weighted lower, weighted upper, abs.  I kept thinking throughout it that I wished it was cardio, upper, lower, abs - so that the heart rate would go up in the middle of the strength section.  But it was still good!  This YWA helped me stretch and relax after a long day.

Tuesday: Cathe's Pumped Upper Body + walk + YWA

I was glad to be able to give my legs a break this morning.  But this upper body workout was tough!  Cathe grouped 2-4 exercises together but then you repeated them three times!  That left my arms weak and shaky.  Wow!  This was a good one!  At lunch, I walked to get more steps, braving the rain to get to the rec center.  And after work, this YWA was good - and not too strenuous.  I'm tired.

Wednesday: Cathe's Mish Mosh Legs + abs

This morning, I woke up exhausted.  It's the kind of exhaustion that doesn't come from tiredness but from physical limitations.  My body was telling me to slow down.  But I got up and did this leg workout because that's what I do.  My legs weren't exactly sore from Saturday's Butt Bible - but they are exhausted.  So this workout, filled with a lot of reps and pulses, was very painful.  Only a week and two days left, though.  I can do this!  After work I did the abs from yesterday's Cathe video.  And, ouch!  They hurt!

Thursday: YWA

I needed this rest day.  And this is the last rest day before vacation!  Eek!  This YWA was good - not too strenuous, making it a great morning option.  The balancing wasn't as easy but I always like the challenge of the balancing poses.  Even if I fall.  Ha!

Friday: Cathe's Strong Total Body + walk

This workout was unexpectedly good!  And just the right length.  The abs started just as I had to quit - so I'll have to do those another day.  Cathe worked upper and lower body parts separately but together, at times.  It was a good mix and hit every muscle.  At lunch, I walked at the rec center to get some steps.  I sweated and planked - holding a plank now for 65 seconds.  Little victories!

Saturday: Dozois' PeakFit Pure Cardio + Nordin's Butt Bible 3

I wanted cardio with no weights so I turned to Michelle Dozois this morning.  I only did 25 minutes of Pure Cardio but I quickly remembered why I always come back to it - it's fun and effective.  After that, it was time for my last Butt Bible before the cruise.  Thank goodness!!  I upped my weights again - I've gone up two pounds every week.  And dang, this hurt.  After that, a nice, long stretch.

Sunday: Cathe's Cardio Core Blast + weights + abs

This morning was good - and different!  Cardio Core Blast consisted of 5 rounds.  Each round contained three cardio exercises, which you repeat once, and then an ab move.  I liked this workout!  I changed a lot of the ab moves to something standing, which hit my obliques bit time.  And I didn't use a fire walker loop - because my legs were sore from yesterday.  After that 45 minutes, I did five minutes of back and tricep weighted work.  Then, ten minutes of abs.  Whew!  Finally, a stretch.

Calorie Counts:

Monday -1816
Tuesday  -1192
Wednesday - 1274
Thursday - 1149
Friday - 1255
Saturday - 1227
Sunday - 1210

I weighed on Thursday and had gone up a pound since two weeks ago. I wasn't heartbroken.  Then, I was down three pounds on Saturday morning.  Holy cow!  And I had a few extra calories on Friday.  I couldn't believe it!  I'm so relieved my thyroid-deprived body can still lose weight!


No comments: