Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Clash of Kings

I've been neck deep in Clash of Kings, George R. R. Martin's second book in The Song of Fire and Ice series. The books are so dense and long that it takes a while to get through them. That being said, I've read non-stop and finished this book in a week.

Clash of Kings was much darker than the first book. Mr. Higgins and I joked several times, "something good has to happen at some point, right?" But, as I try to remember, it's a long series and fiction is based on conflict, trials, and tribulations.

I'm taking the day off before I start Storm of Swords. A breather is always good.

Tonight, we're having friends over to watch HARRY POTTER, in anticipation of the new movie. As I've said before, Harry Potter annoys me. But at least the story is original, which can't be said for the Twilight series. And the HP movies are entertaining.

No comments: