Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Thrones

Game of Thrones, the book, was great! There are subtle differences from the thrilling TV show, but if you love the show you'll adore the book.

As always, books give you more information. When reading about another world in another time with strange creatures and even stranger men, more information is good! But I'm surprised and greatly relieved by how much the show follows the book. It's rare to see that
these days, especially on HBO (True Blood is an abomination).

I love some of these characters but Arya is perhaps my favorite. She's got more will and courage than most men. Tyrion is a constant amusement to me. It's good to have seen the show first; otherwise, there are so many characters that none of them would have stayed straight in my head. So, contrary to my usual preferences, I'd suggest watching the show first.

I'm on to the second book, A Clash of Kings.

No comments: