Monday, July 11, 2011

Update

Sorry for my absence last week. I've been lacking in motivation lately.

Clash of Kings is taking up every free minute of my days. It's that good! And since the highs are at or above one hundred degrees everyday, I've not wanted to do much outside.

Indeed, there is something extremely depressing about such an oppressive heat. One day last week, while driving home on the highway, I saw the beginnings of a grass fire on the side of the road. The flames were literally licking the concrete of the road. Smoke billowed across all lanes of traffic. It was pretty scary. And to think it was probably all because of a cigarette, tossed out of a car. Have I mentioned how much I despise smokers?

It's only the beginning of July and all the grass is brown. I'm hoping for some tropical systems to move up from the gulf - nothing devastating, just something to give us some much-needed rain. We're pretty desperate here.

No comments: