Thursday, March 22, 2012

Cavity

Is there anything worse than the dentist? I've gotten to where I try to forget my dentist appointments just so I don't worry about them for two weeks in advance.

So, I was slightly alarmed to remember that I had to have a filling this week. Ugh! Ever since my first cavity (at the age of 20) turned into a root canal, I've been a little nervous about any and every filling. Yesterday, the dentist got out that needle to stick in my gums to numb them and I quickly closed my eyes, determined to not even see the dreaded contraption. The shot took too long and hurt too much. Then, he got another vial and that needle came towards my mouth again! I closed my eyes and kept them shut so tight that tears threatened at the corners of my eyes. This one took too long, as well. How long does it take to inject that stuff?

And why is the shot to numb the area worse than the actual drilling? Geez!

I wouldn't agree with my dentist that the cavity was done "in no time" but it was relatively easy. My mouth stayed numb way too long, however, probably because of the double dose. Actually, my jaw still hurts from the shots.

I hate the dentist!

No comments: