Tuesday, March 13, 2012

The Wedding

My best friend's wedding ended up going off without a hitch. I've known Stephanie for twelve years now (!!) and I've never seen her so happy.

The rain held off until the reception, thank goodness! I still got soaked when we left, though. Let me tell you.... Running around in the rain when it's 45 degrees in sandals with no hose and a chiffon dress on is not my idea of a good time. I thought I would surely get sick....but, thank goodness, that hasn't happened.

The wedding was gorgeous. Stephanie was stunning in her dress, her skin glowed with happiness. The minister messed up a few times but we laughed it off. I always like it when someone makes a mistake...it causes everyone to take a deep breath and laugh, ending any stiffness in both the audience and the wedding couple. Everyone seemed to have a good time at the reception - so it was all good!

I now Stephanie is glad it's over and so am I. The stress was getting to all of us, I think. Now the bride and groom can enjoy each other.

No comments: