Monday, January 21, 2013

Thunder Snow






We had a surprise on Tuesday morning...

Early in the morning, about twenty minutes before the alarm was set to go off, I heard thunder.  Surely not, I thought.  Mr. Higgins confirmed it, though: thunder.  We heard a bit of rain and then something that was a bit too solid to be rain.  I ran to the back door: sleet!!  

By the time I'd gotten out of the shower, it was snowing in earnest.  I think we ended up with about an inch of snow/sleet.  Along with some lightning and thunder.  Ha!

None of this was in the forecast, you see.  No rain, no sleet, no snow....no thunder snow.  Local meteorologists blamed in on faulty computer models.  Heaven forbid forecasters should....forecast....without the use of computer models.  

But I loved the now.  LOVED IT!





No comments: