Saturday, February 9, 2013

Skillet Potatoes



My mother never made breakfast potatoes growing up.  I'd never really heard of them until I was an adult.  And I can't say I really ate them as an adult.  Until I came across a recipe in Savory Sweet Life's cookbook, Savory Sweet Life by Alice Currah.  I love anything that I can dip in ketchup and I got to use my brand-new cast-iron skillet.  Awesome!

The recipe is simple: potatoes, olive oil and your choices of spices, a bit of oil for the skillet.  Let the skillet warm with the oil.  Once warm, throw in the potatoes (diced small).  Stir and flip them every minute or so until done - about 12 minutes.  

So good!  Not terribly healthy...but a lot better than french fries or a loaded baked potato.  I like making them once a month or so for a treat.  I made these for dinner and paired them with some beans for protein.  Not exactly fancy, but easy and delicious!

No comments: