Friday, November 14, 2014

Fresh Herb Spoon Rolls (2014:39)

I make a lot of soup in the winter.  It's great: I make a large pot and freeze tons of servings for lunches (after we eat some for dinner after I make it)!  Mr. Higgins eats soup practically every night in the winter so I've found some good recipes.

But I'm always on the lookout for a bread/roll to go with our first serving of soup for a dinner.  Mr. Higgins love cornbread, as do I, but sometimes something different is good. 

When I needed to use up some fresh herbs, I found this recipe for Fresh Herb Spoon Rolls.  It had two advantages over its competitors: no rising time and no kneading!
 

These were super easy to make and the yeast combined with self-rising flour meant they were light and fluffy!  This recipe will be added to my collections a go-to roll option!

No comments: