Monday, November 17, 2014

Week Ten: Peak 10 Challenge #2

Really, only half a week to go!  We leave for our cruise during the dark morning hours of Friday, so only four more workouts! 

I must say that I'm really feeling an overall sense of exhaustion now that the challenge is coming to an end.  The break will be good.  And, once I get back, I'll hit it hard again, though not with another challenge until after Christmas.


Monday: McLean's HIIT - Bodyweight Circuits


It's been a few weeks since I did this so I subbed it for Anytime Anywhere, which I'm glad to shelve for at least 8 weeks.  Ha!  McLean's HIIT, interspersed with Tabata, is difficult - but it's gotten easier for me, which is amazing.  I love seeing progress!  Yoga did not happen today as I had meetings all afternoon.  I hate missing yoga!

Tuesday: Cardio Strength 1 on Glo + weights


Wow.  I did the CS at 5:30 in the morning, which was a bit of a shock.  I made it through and even managed to do every peak.  The last circuit was skipped, however, since I ran out of time.  At lunch, a co-worker and I did weights; I had to force myself.  Sigh.

Wednesday:  Amy Dixon's Skills and Drills +  Alex McLean's Unleash Your Inner Strength + yoga

I wanted low impact today before my Fit Test (!!!) tomorrow.  And so I opted for these two workouts, doing 25 minutes of both.  Alex gets my heart rate up and keeps it up; Amy has great kickboxing with some jacks and jumping rope.  A great workout!  I was sweating!   My plans changed at work and I was able to go to yoga today - yay!  We had a sub, though, who was not nearly as good as our normal lady.  I got a tiny bit sweaty but also got stretched out so that made me happy!

Thursday: Fit Test + Michelle's Total Body Blast for When You Are Short on Time

My concluding Fit Test was completed at 5:30 this morning.  Yikes!  I was amazed at how well I did, considering the time.  That took 25 minutes so I then did Michelle's new weight training workout on Glo.  It was tough!  But it kept my already pounding heart in overdrive so I liked it!

Calorie Counts:
Monday - 1357
Tuesday - 1382
Wednesday - 1353
Thursday - 1604

Cruise time!  Bad eating will follow.  I'll have a re-cap and conclusion next Monday regarding the end of my second Peak 10 Challenge.  I'm so happy with results!  Now I'm off to wear my bikini in the Caribbean!




No comments: