Friday, July 17, 2015

Oreo Brownies (2015:13)

I've been craving a good, rich, chocolate-y dessert for some time now.  Finally, a time arose when I could make something - and take the majority of it to work.  

We had double-stuffed Oreos in the pantry that we hadn't opened - and they were given to us last year.  So, they were just a tiny bit stale but not expired.  This inspired me to make something I've been wanting to try for some time: Oreo Brownies!

I make these in a 11x7 pan so I made 3/4 of the recipe.  I didn't make any more changes, though I used some Splenda in place of about half of the sugar.  That was a mistake because I've learned - now I know for sure with this experience - that it doesn't melt the way sugar does.  But, that did not affect the taste!  I also left off the frosting, thinking that it was unnecessary - and it was!

These turned out amazingly well!  I baked them for about 25 minutes - but could have done with only about 23, probably.  I like fudgey brownies!  Everyone at work loved them and I could have eaten five right out of the oven....but resisted.  This one is a keeper, for sure!

No comments: