Monday, July 13, 2015

Post-Cruise Workouts: Week 6

We had a lovely Fourth of July….and with it came tons of food.  It's a good thing I'm getting in plenty of workouts!  Ha! 

Let's get to work!

Monday:  Ilyse's Work Hard, Have a Great Time + PeakFit Pure Cardio + yoga

I finally had a good sleep last night and was ready to work this morning.  Ilyse's workout was great…until FitnessGlo crashed and wouldn't load for ten minutes.  In desperation, I turned to the only thing I had on hand - Pure Cardio, usually reserved for my Peak 10 Challenges.  It was fun to do a few circuits…and then Glo was back up.  Yay!  At lunch, I did yoga with the new teacher - lots of hip stretching and twists.  

Tuesday:  Shape's Bikini Body Camp Transforming + Dozois' Calorie Burning Cardio Blast + weights

This was a fun morning of exercise - no dread factor!  I did the cardio - led by Michelle Dozois - of the Shape workout, which lasted 30 minutes.  Then, I tuned into Glo for Michelle's cardio blast - so much fun!  45 minutes of non-stop cardio and then a 5 minute stretch.  Nice!  At lunch, I worked with the trainer at the rec on a new machine weight regimen.  Fun.  At least it was different.

Wednesday:  McLean's HIIT - Bodyweight Circuits

This is always a tough one.  I forced myself to do the floowork - though not burpees - despite my lack of enthusiasm.  I did the plank to frog which is never fun.  Ugh.  I had every intention of walking at work until a line of showers came through.  My umbrella stood no chance of keeping me dry on the trek to and from the rec, so I stayed put.  

Thursday: Jari Love's Get Extremely Ripped! 1000 Hardcore + walk

It was time for the second workout on Jari's Hardcore video.  The first segment after the warm-up is a squat to a lunge with biceps....oh, boy.  My heart beat revved up and stayed up for the entire workout.  After this ended (about 30 minutes), I did my own cardio with some weights.  It was a killer workout!  I got to the rec today to walk at lunch.  Yay!  I even did some ab-work afterward.

Friday:  BodyFit 360: Dance Conditioning

My light morning - finally!  It's been such a long week and this morning's workout was perfect - light cardio and then a long stretch.  Lovely!  The dance in this is fun and I always look forward to it!

Saturday:  Peak 10 Cardio Strength Remix + McLean's Cardio Hip Hop

Time for some serious work this morning.  I started with Michelle's CS - this one is so tough.  Every circuit goes to the floor, except the last one.  I was dripping sweat throughout - which is annoying.  Ha!  Then, I wanted some more cardio so I turned to McLean's fun dance workout - nothing too tough after all that jumping in the CS video.  I took 10 minutes to stretch and do sit-ups, so 1 hour and 25 minutes.  Wow.

Sunday:  Dozois' Cardio Interval Burn on Glo + Amy's Plank Work

I always think this CIB is easier - and it's not.  The ascents seem just as tough as the climbs, for some reason.  Ack!  I got through it, but it wasn't easy.  I then did a stretch and wanted to do some core work - Amy's level 2 workout looked good.  And it was - though a bit easier than I anticipated….which is a good thing, I guess.  


No comments: