Monday, July 27, 2015

Post-Cruise Workouts: Week 8

Well, if I thought I'd been eating bad before last week, I was dead wrong.  Last week was the worst week yet.  This week is going to be even more difficult since I'll be in New Orleans for a few days.  Fun!  But bad for the diet. 

I'm taking my laptop to NOLA and will have time to workout so at least there's that.  Sigh.


Monday:  Amy's Skills and Drills + McLean's Unleash Your Inner Strength + walk

It's always good to take it down a notch on Mondays after Peak workouts over the weekend.  This morning was a nice change as I hadn't done either of these workouts in a long while.  Though they're both a level 2 (out of 3), I was sweating and working hard like normal.  The moves weren't quite as tough, thank goodness.  At lunch, I walked at the rec and then did ab work.

Tuesday:  Jari Love's Get Extremely Ripped 1000

This was the only time this week I would do weights so Jari was a good choice.  This workout (I did number one) has so much cardio along with the weights - it's tough!  I always forget how much work weights are with Jari - she does so many reps!  Ouch!

Wednesday: Dozois' Conditioning for Long Lean Muscles

I arrived in NOLA this morning and an early flight meant no morning workout.  I had a very long day, running non-stop but then had a fun evening out with two colleagues.  We explored and ate too much.  Ha!  At 9:30, upon arriving back at the hotel, I buckled down and did this workout.  I was super happy the wifi worked.  This was hard to get through but I was so proud of myself for having the discipline to get it done after such a long day.

Thursday: McLean's HIIT - Bodyweight Circuits + Amy's All Around Energy

After my workout the night before, this HIIT video did not sound appealing at 6am.  I got through it, in the limited space in my hotel room.  Once again, so proud of myself for getting it done!  After that 35 minutes of work, I tuned into Amy's workout for an additional 25 minutes.  Then, a nice stretch.  Yay!  I needed to burn mega calories for NOLA food!

Friday: Dozois' Rockin Body Cardio + Calorie Burning Cardio Blast

The hotel wifi was not cooperating this morning - at 6am again - so I was forced to turn to a workout on my laptop - Michelle's oldie.  It was fun and a nice change from the harder workouts.  That lasted 45 minutes and then I turned to her Glo Cardio Blast for 15 more minutes of cardio.  A stretch was quite lovely after all that!

Saturday: Peak 10 Cardio Interval Burn Remix + Ilyse's Rapid Fire Core

Since I had a morning flight home, I got up at 5:30…on a Saturday.  I knew I had to work out as soon as possible or it wouldn't happen at all.  Michelle's CIB Remix is one of my faves so that got me through.  I then wanted ab work so I turned to Ilyse, who is just a meanie in regards to core work!  Ha!  Then, a stretch.

Sunday:  Cathe's Cardio Core Circuit + Amy's Cardio Boxing

Back home - yay!  I got through Cathe's grueling Circuit because I'm so afraid of how much weight I've gained.  Though I should have done weights this morning I need cardio - and tons of it.  After that 40 minute workout, I tuned into Amy's lighter workout - it was fun!  I couldn't have done much more jumping around but I did jacks and jumping rope and added a bi more than Amy called for to burn more calories!

On top of all this, I walked so much in NOLA!  Every night we walked around the French Quarter.  It was fun!  I liked the city but I'm not sure if or when I'd want to go back.  The food and architecture were great but the heat, humidity, and smell was just a little too much.  And this is coming from a Texan!

No comments: