Monday, July 6, 2015

Post-Cruise Workouts: Week 5

Another week, another weekend of bad eating.  Ha!  It's fun but I'm worried about the scale.  I still haven't stepped on to it, but I did take my measurements the other day - and they were fine.  That gives me hope.

All I can do is keep at the workouts...

Monday: The Firm's 500 Calorie Workout + McLean's Bodyweight Assault Challenge + yoga

I was a bit out of it this morning so it was good to have a real warm-up with The Firm's workout.  I then did all the cardio rounds of this workout so it lasted about 25 minutes.  Then, I tuned into McLean's workout on Glo.  I've done it once before and this morning it was as tough as I remembered.  Ha!  Amazingly, I finally made it to yoga today - my first class with the summer instructor.  We did a lot of hip stretching so I'll probably be feeling that tomorrow!

Tuesday: Amy's Intervals + Cardio Intervals + weights

This morning, I felt the need to take it up a notch.  I'm really liking these workouts by Amy - they're tough but without a great dread factor.  You can switch up the moves as long as you keep going for the allotted amount of time.  At lunch, I did weights at the rec - for the first time in forever - as part of the summer wellness challenge.  It was....productive, I guess.  Ha!

Wednesday:  McLean's Kickbox Your Way to Fit + Ilyse's Easy to Follow Dance Moves + walk


Wow.  I can't remember ever doing McLean's kickboxing workout and it was tough!  How tough?  You're doing lung jumps 6 minutes into the workout.  Dang!  I got through most of that one and then switched over to Ilyse's workout to tone it down for a bit.  That one is always fun!  At lunch, I walked at the rec, today on a treadmill, which I usually avoid.  But it was a nice change.

Thursday:  Jari Love's Get Extremely Ripped 1000!

This morning was tough: I felt icky and was still sore from weights on Tuesday.  I didn't allow myself to think, though, and just went through the motions to get into this workout.  The weights were not always easy nor was the cardio, in my icky state.  But I powered through it and was super glad I did.  When workout #2 ended, I did my own cardio/weights to finish out my 50 minutes.  There wasn't a lunch workout today but I walked to a cafe where I met a friend for lunch.  A relatively healthy lunch!

Friday:  Peak 10 Cardio Interval Burn Remix

Before heading out of town this morning, I got this workout in - thank goodness!  I love this one!  It's so much fun, you don't even realize how hard your'e working!  

Saturday: rest

Sunday: Cathe's Cardio Core Circuit + Amy's Body Weight Training

After a lazy Saturday of eating way too much and hardly moving, I was dreading Cathe's workout.  Somehow I got through it, which made me extremely happy.  It runs 45 minutes so I wanted something else after it.  Amy's workout fit the bill - low impact but intense.  Wow!  It was a nice change. 


No comments: