Wednesday, July 8, 2015

Raspberry Crisp (2015:11)

When planning the Fourth of July menu with my mother, it quickly became apparent that we needed a dessert that was easy but tasty.  My first thought: cobbler and ice cream.  But there was one problem: I don't have a cobbler recipe that I love and neither does my mom.

So I turned to the Pioneer Woman and found her Raspberry Crisp recipe.  We would sub blueberries for raspberries, add ice cream, and voila!  


The problem began when we had too many blueberries...but with 12 people coming to dinner, that was a good thing!  But when it came to adding an appropriate amount of ingredients to the recipe, I did something wrong.  We spread it all in a 9x13 pan and put it in the oven....and nothing happened to the top.  It didn't crisp.  I drizzled a tiny bit more butter on top....nothing.  I turned on the broiler....now there was a slightly burned nothing.  Ugh.  

I stirred it up a bit, moistening the crisp part with the blueberries and put it back in the oven for a few minutes.  That would have to do. It came out alright but I was not pleased.  Many people there thought it was great....but not me.  

My search for a good cobbler/crisp recipe continues.

No comments: