Wednesday, March 16, 2016

Black-Eyed Susans

My book group chose an interesting read this month - Julia Heaberlin's Black-Eyed Susans.

My Goodreads review follows.....

I never would have chosen to read this; I'm not into criminal thrillers.  But my book group chose it and since it takes place in Fort Worth, I decided to give it a shot.  

And I'm so glad I did!  Haeberlin is a wonderful writer and she quickly transported me into Tessa's life.  Moving between the time period of the crime and present day is an interesting way to slowly let the reader into Tessa's mind after her ordeal.  This builds until we get to the trial and then, finally, we get a glimpse into the mind of the killer.  


I loved the characters in Tessa's story, the science behind the criminal forensics side of it, and the random places in Fort Worth that Haeberlin takes us.  A great read!

No comments: