Monday, March 14, 2016

Four Week Post-Cruise Workouts: Week 1

How do you like that title, eh?!  "Four Week Post-Cruise Workouts" means....four weeks until my next real "challenge."  Ha!  Sometimes, there just aren't any good ways to title something.  Or I'm just lacking creativity at present.

And for good reason.  Mr. Higgins contracted, I think, the flu on our cruise last week, which thankfully didn't manifest itself until the day we flew home.  Gradually, I began to feel ill and ended up with a nasty cold (I got my flu shot this year!).  


So this was a rough week.  We got home on Saturday and I felt fine on Sunday.....


Sunday: Peak 10 Cardio Interval Burn Remix

I'm a masochist for doing a Peak 10 workout right after a cruise.  Sigh.  But I wanted to see how much I'd digressed after a week of no workouts.  And I didn't digress too, too much.  I made it through 50 minutes of this workout without modifying the peaks.....except for the burpees.  I didn't do those.  But that's pretty good!  I was happy.

Monday: Dozois' Rockin' Body Cardio

This is my standard post-vacation workout.  An oldie, but a goodie!  This morning, though, my body was not cooperating.  I was beginning to feel the aches and pains that signal a cold coming on.  I stopped after 35 minutes, too exhausted to continue.

Tuesday: REST

Coughing, headachy....icky!

Wednesday: Ilyse's Heart-Pumping Groove + Dozois' Burn Calories, Release Stress

When I woke up this morning, my cough was a bit deeper - not a good sign.  But I wasn't achy so I decided to do a light workout.  Ilyse's dance workout is so much fun - one of my favorites!  And Michelle's level 2 workout is perfect for these days when you want little to no impact.  

Thursday: McLean's Unleash Your Inner Strength + Amy's Skills and Drills

This mornings' discovery....the cold is now firmly planted in my nose.  I hate colds!!  I did another set of level 2 workouts, increasing the impact just a bit.  I didn't feel too bad - just tired and congested.  And it felt good to move.  McLean's workout is okay and I skipped the burpees......  I spent more time on Amy's workout, which is athletic cardio - different from Ilyse, for sure.

Friday:  Shape's Bikini Body Transforming + weights


I did Michelle's cardio from this workout by Shape.  It's a really good workout - in fact, the entire disc is really good. But I stuck to 30 minutes of cardio.  Then, I did my own weights for 15 minutes, trying to use the 12lb dumbbells as much as possible.  

Saturday: Michelle's Cardio Interval Burn on Glo + Scott's Shrink and Tone Core

I was finally feeling better today.  And so I tuned into this CIB - always difficult but a lot of fun.  I didn't go at 100% -  maybe 95% - because I'm still not up to par yet.  But it felt good to do as much as my body would let me.  I had to downplay a few of the peaks and I stayed away from most of the burpees.  Afterward, I did Scott's core workout for 10 minutes.  

Sunday: Cathe's Intensity + Amy's Cardio Power Drills

Wow.  This workout always takes me by surprise.  Cathe's Intensity is always more intense than I predict!  Ha!  I did 30 minutes of the workout - so all the step (no HIIT).  I didn't want to over-do it today.  And I wanted some weights, so I did Amy's workout.  I don't think I've ever done so many shoulder presses.  Dang.  But it was good!

Calorie Counts:

I had two days below 1200 calories this week.  And I was good a few other days.  And then the weekend came and Mr. Higgins, who had been eating soup for a week, went a little crazy.  We ate very, very badly.  But it was fun!  Ha! 

No comments: