Monday, March 21, 2016

Four Week Post-Cruise Workouts: Week 2

Coming off a nasty cold, I think I'm finally feeling better outside of a lingering cough.  But I'm so happy to be over it!!  I hate colds!!

Monday: Amy's Kickboxing Skills and Drills + Ilyse's Sweaty, Sassy, and Strong


I generally try to take things easier on Mondays and today was no exception.  I did all of Amy's kickboxing, because her style is so different than Combat.  It's fun but not as intense.  I like the high-impact cardio dispersed throughout to keep your heart rate up.  After that, I did half of Ilyse's light dance workout.  A nice morning!

Tuesday:  Ilyse's Full-On Cardio Blast + McLean's Attack Your Metabolism + weights

This morning, I wanted to work a little harder.  And I always forget how hard Ilyse's cardio is!  Dang!  She doesn't give you many breaks in this one and you are jumping - in one fashion or another - the entire time!  I felt well worked out after this.  So, thankfully, McLean's workout was a bit lighter.  He's always no-nonsense but this one is a little easier.  I was inspired today to do weights at the rec center.  That may become a weekly thing again.  We'll see.

Wednesday: Shape's Bikini Body Transforming + Michelle's Calorie Burning Cardio Blast

The time change has hit me harder than I thought; waking up and doing these workouts is not easy as it used to be.  Ha!  I did Shape's workout again today, though I did it last week, because I wanted some circuits and Michelle does them best.  After that, I tuned into her Glo workout, one of my faves.  I was glad to do all the lunge jumps this morning - actually, I didn't skip out of anything.  Yay!

Thursday:  Amy's Total Package

I wanted lower impact today because I planned on doing weights at lunch.  And sometimes you need a break from impact.  Amy's workout was all about body weight and it was good.  She even had some cardio bursts throughout.  It wasn't the best workout ever but it was different enough to be appealing occasionally.  At lunch, life happened so weights will have to be tomorrow.

Friday:  Crunch Super Slim Down: Pilates Yoga Blend + weights

Finally, my light day!  This workout is so deceptive.  You think it will do nothing but I hurt more after this one than almost any other.  You do a lot of warrior pose and then tons of planking and arm work.  It's amazing that such simple moves will make me ache for three days afterward!  At lunch, I did weights at the rec center - so proud of myself for getting over there.

Saturday: Cathe's Cardio Core Circuit + Amy's Metabolic Meltdown

I was energized to work today!  Cathe's workout has a serious dread factor for me but since I wanted to work hard, I didn't mind it too much.  It was good to finally feel good - last weekend was a different story.  After 45 minutes of Cathe, I tuned into Amy's low-impact workout for 25 minutes - and I made it as high-impact as I could.  Whew!  It was a lot of work!  My stretch and sit-ups afterward was a nice break.

Sunday: Peak 10 Cardio Strength Remix + Ilyse's Easy to Follow Dance Moves

And I'm still sore from pilates/yoga on Friday.  Wow.  This CS is really tough - there are lunge jumps in the warm-up and first circuit.  Oy.  You also go to the floor in every circuit but the last.  Somehow I made it through.  I then did 15 minutes of Ilyse's workout just to cool down and get more steps.  I finished off with a bit more of weights using my 12lbs weights and then stretched.

Calorie Counts:

I had two days under 1200 calories this week.  And I was good another two days - in the 1200-1300 calorie range.  But Mr. Higgins is on a fast food binge so my weekends have been filled with bad food.  Oy.


No comments: