Wednesday, April 6, 2016

Fiber Fest 2016

This past weekend was the Fiber Fest.  I've been looking forward to it for about 11 months - ha!  Last year's event was just so amazing - the yarns were breathtaking!


When planning for this year's fest, I perused the list of vendors with growing alarm - two of my favorites from last year were not on the list!  I was very sad.  But alas, I managed to find so much more than I thought and didn't miss the ones who were not there (I'll be ordering more of theirs online!).

Some of my new finds and favorites from this year:

-Wolle's Yarn Creations, sold by a very nice German lady. The subdued gardient colors took my breath away.  I bought some!

-Must Stash had the best supply of self-striping yarn this year.....and it was hard to choose just one!  But I managed to find a brown and pink combo that will knit up so nicely!  My favorite named yarn in her stall: Tarts and Vicars.  Ha!

-Woolfolk was nestled into a corner in Hill Country Weavers' stall and, oh my gosh!  I've never felt such yummy wool in all my life.  I couldn't even figure out what to buy so I'll have to some homework and order some online.  Just decadent! 

-Gynx Yarn is still one of my favorites and I love perusing (and touching!) their stuff.  I have two skeins stashed away so I didn't buy any.....but it was hard not to.

No comments: