Monday, April 18, 2016

Week Two: Peak 10 Challenge #5

One week down, seven more to go!  

I really need to try to eat better this week - that's the goal.  I can splurge on the weekend but until then, I'm buckling down!

Monday: Amy's Skills and Drills + McLean's Unleash Your Inner Strength + yoga

After sleeping super well last night (a rarity), I was almost energized this morning.  Ha!  I started with 25 minutes of Amy's kickboxing workout.  Good but not really challenging.  I needed a lighter day today.  The same with McLean's workout - I skipped the lunge jumps and burpees in favor of more subdued high-intensity work.  It felt good!  At lunch, I did yoga.  It was alright - lots of sun salutations.

Tuesday:  PeakFit Pure Cardio + weights

It's always nice to not dread a workout and this one has no dread-factor....except for lunge jumps.  Ha!  This morning, PC was fun as usual!  At lunch, I did weights at the rec center.  I was still sore from yoga, or something else, so it was good to move and have a good stretch mid-day.

Wednesday:  PeakFit Anytime Anywhere


Even in a Peak 10 Challenge, I dread Wednesdays - always reserved for my hardest weekday workout.  At least I survived AA last week....so how hard could it be this week?  It was still difficult but I'm almost learning to appreciate it, if not like it.  Ha!  At lunch, I went for a short 10-minute walk just to get out.  But it was almost chilly out, so I didn't walk for long.

Thursday:  Dozois' Total Body Cardio and Strength

Yay, weights this morning!  And a lighter workout in general!  I haven't done this workout since the last Peak 10 Challenge and I always enjoy it!  I kept the cardio mainly low-impact, though some high-impact moves were unavoidable.  The single arm planks are always challenging in this workout - but they're so much easier now than a few years ago!  At lunch, another quick walk.

Friday:  PeakFIt Dynamic Flexibility + Amy's Core and More + walk

Ah, Friday!  What a lovely day!  And what a lovely workout!  Dynamic Flexibility is one of my favorites.  It's perfect for a Friday - you warm-up, move a bit, and stretch a lot.  Great!  After that 30-minute DVD, I did Amy's core workout.  Ouch!  Effective but….ow.  At lunch, I walked outside for about 20 minutes.  It was so nice out!

Saturday:  Peak 10 Cardio Strength - Fat Blaster + Amy's Metabolic Meltdown

This CS hasn't made enough of an impression for me to know if I should dread it or not - ha!  It turns out that the hardest circuit is the last.  I did really well until then when my energy was no longer existent.  But it felt good to move and this CS is very well choreographed.  After that, I did 20 minutes of Amy's cardio - so 70 minutes of heart pounding work.  I then did 5 minutes with the 12lbs weights and stretched for 10 minutes.  

Sunday: Peak 10 More Cardio Interval Burn + Amy's All Around Energy

I hadn't done this CIB in so long that I was looking forward to it!  This was my very first CIB and perhaps my favorite.  Michelle is at her best here - the choreography isn't too complicated and it's fun!  After it finished, I did 15 minutes of Amy's body weight workout - lots of squats and lunges!  Then, a nice stretch with some sit-ups.  

Calorie Counts:

I ate so well (under 1200 calories) Monday through Thursday and then I weighed on Friday - no change.  I swear!  This thyroid thing is the biggest obstacle I've faced.  I'm not going to weigh for two more weeks…..That's how long I have until I get super strict before the next trip.


No comments: