Monday, April 4, 2016

Four Week Post-Cruise Workouts: Week 4

My last week before another Peak 10 Challenge!  

I'm enjoying the varied workouts that this four weeks has allowed me.  I don't feel too tired which is good, considering the Challenge ahead.

Monday: McLean's Kickbox Your Way to Fit + Amy's Kickbox Power

Both of these workouts were a nice change this morning....except for the lunge jumps in McLean's workout.  I thought I remembered them and I was right.  Ugh.  I took out the burpees after that, doing squat jumps instead.  Amy's kickboxing workout is much tougher than her others, which are level 2s, I think. This level 3 was tough!  But I enjoyed it!

Tuesday:  Shape's Bikini Body Camp Transforming + Dozois' Calorie Burning Cardio Blast + weights


I was ready for some serious cardio this morning.  And so I did Michelle's cardio from Shape's DVD - always good.  Also good: I can feel this one getting easier.  And I was able to up the intensity a bit.  My fitness level is increasing - thank goodness! - which is good considering the Peak 10 Challenge coming up.  After that, I did Michelle's cardio on Glo.  At lunch, weights at the rec center.  Awesome!

Wednesday: Amy's Cardio Intervals + Intervals 

To gear up for Peak 10, I did these two workouts by Amy.  They're my alternate cardio in Peak 10 to have a break from Pure Cardio.  I did them today and they felt good!  Usually, I start with Intervals but this time, I finished with that one.  Cardio Intervals has longer but slightly less intense intervals....so it's good to change it up mid-workout.

Thursday: Scott's Boot Camp Burn + walk

Time for weights this morning! I happened upon Scott's workout recently and it looked good!  I downplayed the cardio a bit, wanting a little less impact.  Still, after his first weighted section, I was huffing and puffing.  Squats with endless curls and presses will do that!  All in all, it was a good workout!  I liked the cardio intervals and the weighted sections really challenged me at times.  After work, I went for a short 15-minute walk because it was so beautiful outside.

Friday: Body Fit 360 Vol. 2 - Dance Conditioning + walk

It felt so good to take it a bit slower this morning - not that this Dance Conditioning is slow.  Ha!  But I didn't jump and tried to relax….while sweating.  The stretch at the end was lovely.  At lunch, I took a 20 minute walk outside.

Saturday: Cathe's Cardio Core Circuit + Amy's Total Package

As always, I dread Cathe's Cardio Core workout.  It's just not fun for me.  Thankfully, at least, it's gotten easier.  I got through its 45 minutes this morning and then tuned into Amy's low-impact Total Package, which focuses on body weight exercises.  It's different and good.  I was sweating like crazy.  It felt nice to move in different ways!  I did 25 minutes of that workout, so 70 minutes of cardio.  Not bad.

Sunday:  Peak Fit Test + Amy's Cardio Interval Drills 

Next week starts my 5th Peak 10 Challenge so today meant it was time for the Peak Fit Test.  I really hate it; I'm always nervous about my fitness level.  Given my eating habits of late, I was doubly nervous.  But I did well.  For most moves (7 out of 10), my count was between the first and last numbers of my last Test.  Awesome!  That means my fitness level continues to improve, even when I've gained a few pounds.   Afterward, for something different, I tried Amy's level 3 workout.  It was alright.  I added some more weights into it since she focuses mainly on cardio.  So, 70 minutes of cardio/weights today and then a nice stretch.

Calorie Counts:

I stayed below 1200 calories for two days this week.  Ugh.  I had two not-so-great lunches due to work events.  And then Friday and Sunday were awful.  I have three more weeks to eat what I want and then, for six weeks before our next trip, I'm buckling down and being super good again.  Dang it!



No comments: