Monday, April 25, 2016

Week Three: Peak 10 Challenge #5

I really  need to try to enjoy these next two weeks, before I enter into the last month of the Challenge.  It gets harder as you go along....

But for now, I'm still super motivated and energized.  My weight may not be cooperating but I'm feeling strong.  So that's something!

Monday: Dozois' Tip Top Shape


My lunch appointments have messed up my day for weights at work, so I shifted this workout to Monday.  And that worked well since I kept it all low-impact after my crazy weekend workouts.  It felt good to work with the weights without killing myself, like in a CS video.  At lunch, I took a very short walk, which doesn't really count for anything.

Tuesday: Amy's Intervals + Cardio Intervals

After two weeks of Pure Cardio, it was time to switch things up this morning.  Out with Michelle's mountain climbs, in with Amy's intervals.  Both are challenging cardio so it's nice to mix them up!  Intervals consists entirely of 20 second intervals followed by 10 seconds of rest.  Do that 8 times and rest for 2 minutes; repeat 4 times.  Cardio Intervals takes you through one move for 30 seconds, 60 seconds, 90 seconds, with short rests between.  Very different!  And good!  At lunch, I had to go to an HR talk - which meant walking across campus.  

Wednesday:  McLean's HIIT - Bodyweight Circuits + weights


So my alternate for Anytime Anywhere is McLean's HIIT workout, which almost kills me every time.  Much like AA!  Not having done this workout in months, it was a bit traumatic this morning...but I eventually got into the swing of it.  And I survived.  Yay!  At lunch, I did my weights at the rec center.  I swear they keep that place way too hot so we'll just sweat off calories.  Ugh.

Thursday:  Amy's Kickboxing Skills and Drills + Ilyse's Sweaty, Sassy and Strong + walk

Ah, my light day!  So lovely!  I definitely tried to do as much high-impact as possible today but it was nice to not be jumping constantly.  Amy's kickboxing is good and I definitely worked up a sweat in no time.  Ilyse's dance is super light but fun, as always.  At lunch, I walked to a cafe with a co-worker - so about 20 minutes of walking in the lovely sunshine.

Friday: Dozois' Conditioning for Long Lean Muscles + walk

Thank goodness it's Friday!  Today it felt so good to take it down a notch.  I did about 35 minutes of Michelle's Barre/dance workout, skipping the jumping and harder moves.  Light was what my body needed today.  I didn't skip her core work, however, which is always challenging!  At lunch, I walked at the rec center and then had a nice stretch.

Saturday: Peak 10 Cardio Interval Burn + Ilyse's Long and Lean

Oh, boy.  I wasn't sure if I was ready for peaks today…..but I just went with it.  And of course, the first peak in this CIB is tuck jumps.  I can definitely tell that I'm heavier than usual (stupid 5 thyroid pounds!) because these are so much harder than they used to be.  I hate it.  Sigh.  After that 55 minutes, I tuned into Ilyse's workout - a new one for me.  It focused on strength - a lot of ballet movements.  A very nice 20 minutes of non-jumping.  Then, a stretch and sit-ups.

Sunday:  Dozois' Cardio Strength 1 on Glo + Ilsye's Easy to Follow Dance Moves

All I remembered about this CS was that it was tough - and it is.  Thankfully, the peaks aren't too bad.  But Michelle works you really hard with the non-stop weighted and cardio moves.  I was sweating like crazy!  Then, 20 minutes of Ilyse's fun dance workout.  I added on 5 minutes of weights, using the 12lbs dumbbells…..  Then a stretch and some planks.

Calorie Counts:

This week was pretty bad and I knew it would be.  I had two days under 1200 calories, I think.  But this is my last bad week…..  Look for some better eating next week!  


No comments: