Wednesday, April 20, 2016

Key Lime Cake Mix Cookies

Mr. Higgins loves key lime pie.  And he likes lime flavored desserts much more than I do.  For me, dessert usually means chocolate....but I'm learning this doesn't have to be the case all the time.  Ha!

Have you seen this in stores?



I saw it last year but somehow never bought a box.  This year, I snatched up the first one I saw and finally, over the weekend, baked with it.

For my cake mix cookies I used....


Cake mix from the box
2 large eggs (or egg substitute)
1/3 cup vegetable oil

Drop by tablespoon-fulls onto cookie sheets lined with parchment paper.  Bake at 350 for about 10-11 minutes (for soft cookies), or until you see the edges start to brown.  Cool on a rack.

Yum!  Mr. Higgins can easily eat 5 in one sitting.  I got about 38 cookies from my mix which means each cookie, with egg subsitute, came to 65 calories.  Not bad!

No comments: