Wednesday, May 4, 2016

Sweet Potato Hash with Sage

Almost every Saturday, I cook a light meal for Mr. Higgins.  In the winter, it's usually soup and cornbread.  In the summer, it's generally veggies and potatoes or something.  We don't eat a lot of meat.

This past weekend, I wanted something different.  I happened upon a recipe for Sweet Potato Hash with Sage and thought to give it a try.

I made some substitutions/changes....  Red onion instead of green; no ham but a sprinkling of bacon bits.  I served the hash with some scrambled eggs.  

For my first hash, I claim this to be very successful.  Mr. Higgins gobbled it up and then took some from my plate.  I wasn't blown away by the sage and I thought it could have used a little something else....  But I'll keep this recipe and use it again!  

Give it a try at your next brunch or breakfast for dinner!

No comments: