Monday, May 9, 2016

Week Five: Peak 10 Challenge #5

I've made it halfway!  Wow!  Now comes the hard part.....

An additional Cardio Strength workout is needed these last four weeks.  I may miss one next week, due to a conference trip, so I did an extra last week.  But with the addition of that workout, my energy level really starts to suffer.  

So.....wish me luck!

Monday: Peak 10 Cardio Strength + walk

I was home sick from work today.  Ugh.  However, by the evening, I felt like I could get through a workout.  I chose to do my additional CS today since I had the time.  This CS was my first Peak workout ever so it holds a dear place in my heart.......and it usually tries to kill me.  Ha!  After the first 2 circuits, it gets a bit easier, but...ow.  I took a fifteen minute walk outside once I finished because the weather was just perfect.

Tuesday: Amy's Intervals + Cardio Intervals

This morning, after a rough night of sleep, I was noticeably lethargic.  I made my legs work, though, and got through all of Amy's Intervals.  Dang!  Then, about 10-15 minutes of Cardio Intervals to make up my 45-minute workout.  It's always nice to use these workouts as an alternate to Pure Cardio.  

Wednesday: McLean's HIIT - Bodyweight Circuits


Thankfully, I was well rested when I began this workout because it's such a challenge.  I shortened some of the floor work moves to get more steps with standing cardio.  It's cheating, in a way, since the floor work is what really makes this one so difficult for me...  So at some point I'll have to suck it up and do it all.  But this workout still gets me every time!

Thursday:  Dozois' Tip Top Shape + weights


No, I'm not supposed to do two rounds of weights in a day but sometimes it can't be helped.  I tried to take it easier this morning.  I jumped a bit but not too much.  But I just love Michelle's workout. At lunch, I dragged myself to the rec to do weights.  Every time, I'm so glad when it's over!

Friday:  Ilyse's Sweaty, Sassy, and Strong + BodyFit 360: Vol 3 - Athletic Conditioning (stretch) + walk

I basically warmed up today with 15 minutes of Ilyse's fun dance workout.  It's so light and fun….a great way to get moving at 5:30am.  Then, I did the full 20 minute stretch on the third volume of BodyFit 360.  I love it!  At lunch, I took a 20 minute walk outside.  Another gorgeous spring day!

Saturday:  Peak 10 Cardio Strength - Fat Blaster + Ilyse's Heart-Pumping Groove

Time to burn some serious calories!  I switched it up today with the CS Fat Blaster - the newest of Michelle's Peak 10 line.  It's highly choreographed but after a lot of times going through it, I finally feel comfortable with the moves.  But beware - the last circuit is the hardest!  Yikes!  After that, I did 20 minutes of Ilyse's dance workout.  Then, five minutes with my heavy weights followed by a nice stretch and sit-ups.

Sunday: Peak 10 Cardio Interval Burn - Fat Blaster

After doing the CS - Fat Blaster yesterday, it seemed only natural to do the CIB today.  And it was so much more fun than I remembered!  Some of the moves are from the CS and therefore familiar which is helpful considering the more complicated choreography.  But I had fun and that's always nice when working out!  Ab work and a stretch followed.

Calorie Counts:

Monday - 1192
Tuesday - 1440
Wednesday - 1198
Thursday - 1198
Friday - BAD
Saturday - 1235
Sunday - 1198

I had some good days this week - and some not too good.  It'll be worse next week, when I'm out of town so the last two weeks of this Challenge will have to be super healthy!

No comments: