Monday, May 2, 2016

Week Four: Peak 10 Challenge #5

Almost halfway through this Challenge!  And six weeks until our vacation in the U.S.V.I.  Wow!!  That means it's time to buckle down and eat crazy healthy!!

Monday: Ilyse's Dance Intervals 101 + Heart-Pumping Groove


I'm so glad Ilyse was on my schedule this morning since I hardly slept at all last night.  I was exhausted.  But Ilyse got me moving very quickly with her intervals - so much jumping and running right away!  Whew!  I did all of that workout and then switched over to her Groove, which is much less intense.  I still tried to jump and jog to keep my heart rate up.  At lunch, I stayed in since I was so tired.

Tuesday:  PeakFit Pure Cardio + weights


Back to Pure Cardio this week!  I skipped to the end to get in all of the last circuit, which I usually have to cut short due to time.  That last circuit is the one with lunge jumps.  Oy.  But I did them all and moved on.  Yay!  At lunch I did weights at the rec center.  I still have no love of them but at least the weight room was relatively empty today.

Wednesday:  PeakFit Anytime Anywhere


I was so tired this morning - thankfully from sleeping very deeply - that this workout seemed impossible when I started.  But I persevered and got through it all!  I can't say it was easy, at least mentally, but it felt great afterward!  At lunch, I went to a talk about flexibility training - very interesting.

Thursday:  Dozois' Total Body Cardio and Strength + Cardio Strength 1 on Glo

So this morning, I got up and did Michelle's weight workout and kept it low-impact - super low because......  I realized I need to start my additional CS this week since I'll be at a conference in a few weeks and may miss that one.  Ugh.  I hate adding in the additional CS workout.  This is when I really start to feel this Challenge.  I got through it, after work, but it wasn't easy.  This CS was appealing because I did it over the weekend and hoped it would still be fresh in my mind.  It mostly was.

Friday: Bob Harper's Yoga for the Warrior


I needed little to no movement today and yoga sounded good. Bob Harper's yoga is effective without being too intense.  The link above is a clip since I still haven't reviewed it (sigh).  

Saturday:  PeakFit Cardio Strength 2 + Amy's Metabolic Meltdown

Tomorrow, my workout time will be limited so I need to hit it hard today.  I started with Michelle's CS….which may be my favorite CS ever.  Really, it's so well put together without having complex choreography.  Just a good workout!  After that, I did 25 minutes of Amy's cardio drills.  Whew!  Then, five minutes with the 12-pound dumbbells followed by abs and a nice stretch.  What a day!

Sunday:  Peak 10 More Cardio Interval Burn

I didn't have much time today so I had to work hard and work quickly.  This CIB does the trick - making me feel like death after the first circuit.  Ha!  It's a fun one, though, and after the first two circuits, I really enjoy it.   After that 55 minutes, I stretched, did some sit-ups, and called it a day.

Calorie Counts:

Monday - 1192
Tuesday - 1192
Wednesday - 1229
Thursday - 1445
Friday - 1198
Saturday - 1288
Sunday - BAD

Before my bad day on Sunday, I weighed - and I've finally lost weight!  Two pounds.  Awesome!!  If I can have my one splurge day, I'm good.  Yay!

No comments: