Monday, May 30, 2016

Week Eight: Peak 10 Challenge #5

Oh my goodness!  This is the last week of my fifth Peak 10 Challenge!  Incredible!

Time has just flown by since life has been crazy these past two months.  I'm amazed that this Challenge is almost over.  Afterward, I'll have a week until vacation....and bikinis!


Monday: Peak Fit Pure Cardio + walk

I'm going to miss this workout after the Challenge.  It's so good and a lot of fun...until the lunge jumps start.  Ha!  After my rest day yesterday, I was good to go today so I hit this one hard.  And it felt good!  At lunch, I walked at the rec center.  I need to burn those calories like crazy this week!

Tuesday: Dozois' Total Body Cardio and Strength + weights

Time for strength today.  I really do love Michelle's C+S workout.  It works your entire body in 45 minutes - and you get the added benefit of cardio!  This morning it felt good to move and I even did the high-impact moves.  At lunch, I did weights at the rec and boy, those are effective.  I was feeling it before I even left the rec center.  

Wednesday: PeakFit Anytime Anywhere

Oh, boy.  The only thing that got me through this workout was knowing I was doing it for the last time for a long time.  After eight weeks, it still gets me.  It still almost kills me.  And it was especially harder this morning because the house was so hot.  Ugh.  At least I lost a lot of water weight.  At lunch, I walked outside for 20 minutes.

Thursday: Barrett's Grace and Gusto + stretch

I felt really bad this morning after a night of an upset stomach.  Thankfully, I'd planned on doing my stretch/light workout today instead of Friday.  Ellen Barrett's workout was perfect - not too much movement.  I did about 25 minutes of that workout and then had a nice, long stretch.  It felt good!


Friday:  Peak 10 Cardio Strength - Fat Blaster


A trip to the doctor this morning meant I had a bit more time….enough to squeeze in my weekly CS.  I chose to do this Fat Blaster edition because the peaks are a bit easier to conquer at 5:30am.  But overall, this is a tough workout.  And I can tell my body is getting tired after 8 weeks of Peak 10.  Let's hope it can make it another week before a week of vacation!

Saturday: PeakFit Fit Test + Peak 10 Cardio Interval Burn Remix

I had the whole weekend to do my Fit Test but I wanted to do it early enough so that I'd be a bit more energized.  So today it is.  I was happy with the results, though my numbers didn't increase all that much.  And that's okay.  I think my fitness level is just so much higher than it used to be….and it can't increase much more.  After that 25 minutes of peaks (whew!), I did 40 minutes of my favorite CIB.  I didn't do the peak moves but I kept up the intensity throughout.  But I was tired.  Ten minutes of stretching and planking and I was done.

Sunday: PeakFit Cardio Strength 2 + Ilyse's Groovy Dance Party

I was a bit short on time this morning but I managed to get in this CS - challenging but fun - and 15 minutes of Ilyse's dance workout.  It's amazing to me how much more difficult these workouts are in the summer, when the house is so much hotter.  I usually lose a pound of water weight in a workout.  Dang!

Calorie Counts:

I had four good days this week but then some bad ones.  With everything going on, it's just too hard to be good every day.  Sigh.



No comments: