Monday, September 26, 2016

Week Five: Peak 10 Challenge #6

A month has already flown by in this Challenge.  Wow!

With the next four weeks, a new challenge is added into the mix: an additional Cardio Strength workout each week.  This will be tough for me, as these are hard to do at 5:30am....so my schedule will need some tweaking....


Monday:  Cardio Strength 1 on Glo

And I decided to just jump right in with the additional CS this week.  I wasn't 100% today so this one left me a bit more winded than usual.  Thankfully, I remembered this workout, having done it a few weeks ago.  I tend to get the two CS Glo workouts mixed up.  But this one is the easier one, thank goodness!  In the end, I was just glad to have it done for the week!

Tuesday:  McLean's HIIT - Bodyweight Circuits + Ilyse's Heart-Pumping Groove

I had some extra time today so I got in two workouts, instead of walking at the rec center.  This is my "off" week with the PeakFit workouts so I did McLean's HIIT instead of AA.  Neither one is fun and I'm always glad when they're over.  I did 20 minutes of Ilyse's fun dance workout.....which I love!   I sweated bit didn't work too hard.

Wednesday: Amy's Kickin' Cardio and Conditioning + weights

This week, I also took a break from Michelle's weighted Glo workouts, choosing to do one of Amy's instead.  I kept the cardio low-impact and still sweated like crazy.  Sigh.  Maybe it's my thyroid.  Anyway, it was a good workout.  At lunch, after doing my arm weights, I learned some new leg machines with our trainer at the rec.  They were good!  I'm sure my legs - and arms - will hurt tomorrow.

Thursday: Amy's Intervals + Cardio Intervals

Today it was time for Pure Cardio - but it's my alternate week which meant Amy's interval workouts.  They're good because they're very different than Pure Cardio.  I think it helps to alternate these to change it up.  Your body should respond better if you work out in different ways.  These were tough this morning but I got through it.  Yay!

Friday: Michelle's Barre Fusion + McLean's Ab Lab

I love Fridays!  And I love this Barre workout from Michelle.  It's like BodyFit 360 but you don't go to the floor quite as much, which is appreciated on a light day.  I felt great after this workout!  After it ended, I did McLean's ab workout, which consisted mostly of planks.  Ugh.  Then, more stretching.  Nice!

Saturday:  Peak 10 Cardio Interval Burn - Fat Blaster + Amy's Body Weight Training

Lots of Peak 10 this weekend!  I was excited to do the Fat Blaster duo - they're so much fun because they're more dance-y than the other ones.  And it's always good to have fun when you work out!  After that 55 minutes, I tuned into Amy's workout in order to do some more….without jumping too much.  My stamina waned after 15 minutes so I then stretched and did sit-ups.  A good morning!

Sunday: Peak 10 Cardio Strength - Fat Blaster + McLean's Cardio Hip Hop

Working out did not sound fun this morning - but doing the Fat Blaster CS seemed different at least.  And it is fun - outside of the floor work!  Ha!  I sweated my way through this 50-minute workout and then tacked on 15 minutes of Alex's dance workout, which is one of my favorites on Glo.  I kept it high impact to work harder.  Fun!  Then, 5 minutes with the 12lb weights followed my a stretch and ab work.  Whew!

Calorie Counts:

Monday - 1406
Tuesday - 1161
Wednesday - 1161
Thursday - 1161
Friday - 1350
Saturday - BAD
Sunday - 1255

So when I had my crazy stomach spell a few weeks ago, I dropped two pounds.  I wasn't too excited since I knew why it happened.  But now, after eating good two weeks in a row - mostly - I'm still down a solid two pounds.  Yes!!!  Awesome!  My weight will budge!  I can't tell you how happy that makes me!  Yes, it's only two pounds but when you've only got about 7 to lose, 2 is a lot!

Happy dance time!  

No comments: