Monday, September 5, 2016

Week Two: Peak 10 Challenge #6

Another week of summer here in Texas...and my second week of Peak 10!  

I'm totally excited about this Challenge.  I want to get into great shape for our October vacation - for my 35th birthday!!  

Monday: PeakFit Pure Cardio


I was definitely tired this morning but Michelle got me going with Pure Cardio.  This one is so much fun.  I debated doing the last circuit since I never make it that far along in the video due to morning time constraints....but then decided to do it next time.  Lunge jumps did not sound fun after a weekend of Peak workouts.  Whew!

Tuesday:  McLean's Unleash Your Inner Strength + Amy's Skills and Drills + weights


Today was cardio - but a bit lighter cardio, thank goodness!  I started with McLean's workout....but I opted out of the floorwork, jumping rope or jogging instead.  After that, I tuned into Amy's kickboxing workout.  This is a fun one!   At lunch, I got to the rec for weights!  Yay!  They were not easy but I was so glad to get them done!

Wednesday: REST

So I was up, literally, all night long with severe stomach issues.  Somehow, I got out of bed and went to work....but there was no working out.   It makes me sad - that means no "light" day for yoga or something.  Sigh.  Stupid stomach.

Thursday:  PeakFit Anytime Anywhere + walk

Since I missed Wednesday, I had to get up and do my hard workout today.  My stomach was still a little apprehensive about being sloshed around, but I got through it!  And my stomach was much better today!  (I changed one "peak" move because it was too jumpy.)  At lunch, I had to escape the office so I walked the track at the rec center.  

Friday:  Amy's Complete Strength and Conditioning + walk


Time for weights today!  I'm mixing up Michelle's weighted mid-week workouts with a few of Amy's, just so I don't get bored.  And I really like this one!  Michelle's are definitely more challenging….but Amy made me do 50 push-ups.  Whew!  At lunch, I walked at the rec center.  And I was proud of myself for getting over there!

Saturday:  Peak 10 More Cardio Interval Burn + Ilyse's Heart-Pumping Groove

This was my first ever Peak 10 CIB so it holds a special place in my heart.  And I still love it!  It's super tough but also a lot of fun!  I got through it all today - with a lot of sweat.  Yay!  Then, 10 minutes of Ilyse's cardio to cool down.  Wanting a good stretch, I did five minutes of abs and then about 10 minutes of good stretching.  It was lovely!

Sunday:  Peak 10 Cardio Strength - Fat Blaster + Scott's Intense Athletic Drills

So I started this CS and was having fun.  The choreography is cool and the weighted sequences flow nicely.  Then the last two circuits happened and I almost died - from all the floor work.  Whew!  Somehow I managed to do 25 minutes of Scott's video - after having already done 50 minutes with the CS.  Then, five minutes with the 12lbs weights followed by a stretch and ab work.  

Calorie Counts:

Monday - 1213
Tuesday - 1256
Wednesday - BAD
Thursday - 1229
Friday - 1229
Saturday - BAD
Sunday - a bit bad

The holiday weekend was not kind to me.  I was good four of the five weekdays but I made a special end-of-the-summer dessert for Mr. Higgins.  That meant my calorie counts stayed above 1200.  Ugh.  Must do better!

No comments: