Monday, September 12, 2016

Week Three: Peak 10 Challenge #6

Already a quarter of the way through this Challenge.  Wow!

Monday: REST

For Labor Day, we went to see my parents, which meant a forced rest day. And that means no yoga/light day - again - this week.

Tuesday: Amy's Intervals + Cardio Intervals + weights

Time to get back to it today!  I was so sleepy this morning but that didn't last long once Amy got me going...and going.  This is my Pure Cardio substitute for the week and it's definitely a challenge, too!  After this first interval workout, I finished off my workout with the second one, which has longer intervals.  What a sweat-fest!  At lunch, I went to the rec center for weights.  It was a frustrating trip but at least that's done for the week!

Wednesday: Ilyse's Dance Intervals 101 + Groovy Dance Party + Sweaty and Sassy Dance Fit

I decided to split up my harder workouts because my plantar fasciitis is really bothering me.  That means....fun today!  I love these two workouts that Ilyse put together.  Dance Intervals is definitely more of a challenge, especially with all the jumping in the beginning.  But I did all of this workout before tuning into the lower-impact Dance Party.  All in all, a fun morning!  I left work early to go to the dentist.  Once that trauma was over, I manged to do 20 minutes of Ilyse's Sweaty workout....and then a nice stretch and ab work.  I needed to do something since I couldn't walk at the rec this week.

Thursday: McLean's HIIT - Bodyweight Circuits

Ugh.  I have not missed this workout. This one is my alternate to Anytime Anywhere and, just like AA, it really works me hard.   McLean loves going to the floor.  He loves it more than he should.  Ha!  At lunch, I walked to a cafe (about 15 minutes) to meet a friend for lunch.  Not a great workout but at least I moved - rather quickly!

Friday: Michelle's Tip Top Shape

I wasn't 100% this morning, with a sore throat and sniffles.  Ack!  I cannot get a cold!  I kept this workout low-impact...but I still worked hard.  No one does weights like Michelle Dozois.  She's so innovative and non-repetitive....  I love it!  I was dripping sweat by the end of this one - but it felt like I'd accomplished something!

Saturday: Peak 10 Cardio Interval Burn + Amy's All-Around Energy


Yesterday, I started having some new and different foot pain.  This morning, the pain was still there, making me a bit apprehensive about my ability to work out this morning.  But I made it through Michelle's original CIB.  And it was mostly fun!  I really enjoy that one!  Then, in order to not go too crazy on my foot, I did Amy's lighter workout, which combines body strength exercises with low-impact cardio segments.  It's really good!  After that 20 minutes, I did 15 minutes of stretching and ab work.  

Sunday:  Michelle's Cardio Strength 1 on Glo + BodyFit 360 Vol 3 - Athletic Conditioning (cardio only)

My foot was better today - yay!  I couldn't quite remember this CS so I just got into it - and it came back.  It's a good one!  And it's tough!  After it finished, I did 20 minutes of the cardio from Athletic Conditioning.  Dang!  I always forget just how crazy tough this is, especially after already working out for 55 minutes.  Whew!  My stretch after all that was much appreciated!

Calorie Counts:

Monday - a bit bad (Labor Day)
Tuesday - 1169
Wednesday - 1169
Thursday - 1433
Friday - 1315
Saturday - BAD
Sunday - 1189

I really wish I could have a good 5 days in a row.  Sigh.

No comments: