Monday, September 19, 2016

Week Four: Peak 10 Challenge #6

This Challenge is flying by.  That's a good thing since it may stagnate next week when I have to add an additional Cardio Strength workout into the mix.  

But as it is, I'm having fun!

Monday: PeakFit Pure Cardio


I had a rough night of sleep....but was still motivated to work hard this morning.  After the warm-up and first circuit of PC, I fast forwarded to the last circuit and those lunge jumps I loathe.  It felt good to get through that circuit and then go back to the easier ones.  Yay!  It's the little victories.  Like lunge jumps.

Tuesday: Dozois' Total Body Cardio and Strength + weights

My workout schedule will be a bit different this week so I went ahead and did weights today.  Michelle's workout is so good.  As usual, I kept it low-impact to give my  knees - and body - a break. But I was still sweating like crazy.   And speaking of sweating.....  I did weights at the rec at lunch.....and they apparently don't turn the A/C up very high in that building.  It's usually bad but today it was terrible.  Ugh!  Too much sweat!

Wednesday: PeakFit Anytime Anywhere + walk

Oy.  Wednesday mornings are not my friend.  The best thing about this workout: it didn't kill me!  Yay!  I can never believe how much it makes me work.  Wow.  At lunch, I went to the rec center to walk the track.  I was feeling a bit gross - like a cold was coming on, again - but I went anyway.  When I got back to my office, I felt really shaky.  WTH?!  I didn't run a marathon!  Thankfully, food helped and I felt better.

Thursday: Ilyse's Groovy Dance Party + Amy's Sports Sculpt + walk


I needed some fun this morning and Ilyse's Dance Party provided it!  This workout always makes me happy - I move and jump and punch and party.  Ha!  After that, I tuned into Amy's workout, which I didn't remember very well....and it was fun, too!  When it all ended, I felt good!  At lunch, I was good - yay! - and walked at the rec again.  No shakiness today.  I got a good walk in along with sit-ups and ab work.

Friday: PeakFit Cardio Strength 2

There will be no Sunday workout this week so that means a CS today.  It wasn't as difficult doing this at 5:30am as I remembered……but I couldn't get through it all.  It was a great workout, though - and very challenging.  This CS is really good and I look forward to it during every Peak 10 Challenge.  

Saturday: Peak 10 More Cardio Interval Burn + Scott's Sports-Inspried Drills + Amy's Kickbox Power

Today is my marathon workout day…..since I won't work out tomorrow, I wanted to hit it super hard today.  I started right after waking up with this CIB - always a great one to do.  And not easy!  But I got through it and, thankfully, had some energy left.  So, I did Scott's Drills - not exactly my favorite of Scott's but tolerable.  Next up, Amy's level 3 kickboxing workout.  This one is definitely tougher than her level 2 workouts so it was nice this morning.  That equaled 100 minutes of cardio!  Whew!  After a stretch and sit-ups, I was done.

Sunday: REST

Calorie Counts:

Monday - 1522
Tuesday - 1159
Wednesday - 1159
Thursday - 1159
Friday - BAD
Saturday - BAD
Sunday - 1544

I actually felt skinnier and my measurements had gone down a bit on Thursday night…..  And then I blew it.  Mr. Higgins is to blame.  But I'm realizing, slowly and surely, that my thyroid - or lack thereof - means my metabolism is no more.

No comments: