Monday, October 17, 2016

Week Eight: Peak 10 Challenge #6

My last full week before vacation!  Also, my last week of this Peak 10 Challenge!  Wow!

This Challenge has flown by, like so many others.  Where does the time go?!  It's definitely a challenge and after 4 weeks of doing that additional Cardio Strength workout, mid-week, my body is tired.  It needs a vacation!

Monday: PeakFit Pure Cardio + walk


Mondays are always difficult but at least I had Michelle to look forward to.  This workout is so much fun!  I did it backwards again this week, in order to do the lunge jumps and get them over with quickly.  I like doing it this way!  At lunch, I took a walk outside - between 20 and 25 minutes - because it was just so lovely!

Tuesday: Peak 10 Cardio Strength


Mr. Higgins had to get to work early so I woke up, 30 minutes early, with him.  And had tons of time to work out!  I slept badly so I wasn't as enthused as I was the night before about doing this CS....but I did it.  I even added five minutes of cardio to it, before and after, to warm-up and cool down.  Nice!  This one is tough, especially in the morning, so I was proud of myself for getting through it!

Wednesday: PeakFit Anytime Anywhere

I felt better this morning after getting more sleep last night.  But dang!  I sweated so much during this workout!!  But I love, LOVE, at the end of these Challenges, seeing how much easier it is to get through this workout.  It's always so difficult in the beginning but at the end, though it's still difficult, it doesn't kill me anymore.  Awesome!!  

Thursday: Michelle's Total Body Cardio and Strength + weights

This morning, I was ready to have a day of no jumping.  And I didn't!  Well, kinda with some burpees and squat jumps....but at least no real high-impact cardio.   I kept this cardio light and still got a great workout, as usual.  At lunch, I did weights at the rec center.  Whew!  I really worked up a sweat.  I walked a few laps, to get more steps, and then had a nice stretch.

Friday: Jillian Michaels' Six Week Six-Pack + Ilyse's Lengthening Stretch to Feel Good

So I decided to do some serious core work this morning.  I got through the Level 1 workout - well, most of it in the 30 minutes I chose to dedicate to it.  Ha!  Jillian definitely works your abs like crazy!  Someday I need to do the Level 2 workout again.  Sigh.  After that, I did Ilyse's stretching video - not great, but okay.

Saturday: Dozois' Peak 10 Cardio Interval Burn - Fat Blaster + Amy's Body Weight Training

I was ready to work hard today - feeling gross and bloated - so this CIB was just the right thing.  I love it!  It works you hard but you have fun, too!  And the peaks don't kill you - well most of them don't.  After that 55 minutes, I tuned into Amy's workout for an additional 20 minutes of work.  Whew!  I did all the hard stuff, though I didn't want to.  It felt good!  

Sunday: Dozois' Peak 10 Cardio Strength - Fat Blaster + McLean's Bodyweight Assault Challenge

This morning, I was a bit headache-y.  Ugh.  But I had to get through this CS….which is, at least, a bit more fun than the others.  The last circuit, though, is the toughest.  Yikes!  After that 50 minutes, I did 15 of McLean's workout, skipping some of the floor work for cardio instead.  After all that, I was tired.  But I did 5 minutes with the 12-pounds weights and then stretched and did sit-ups. 

Calorie Counts:

Monday - 1179
Tuesday - BAD
Wednesday - 1198
Thursday - 1179
Friday - 1139
Saturday - 1382
Sunday - 1159

I tried to eat well this week but Tuesday was my splurge day - out to eat with a friend to celebrate our birthdays.  We got cake.  Oy.  But then I was good, resisting every tempting thing put in front of me at work.  

No comments: