Monday, October 10, 2016

Week Seven: Peak 10 Challenge #6

Six down, two weeks to go!

This far into the Challenge, I won't lie: I'm exhausted.  The past month at work has been awful.  All that stress is taking a toll and now my body is feeling it with these tough workouts.  I'm going to scale back my lunch time workouts again this week....unless I miraculously become re-energized.


Monday: Amy's Intervals + Cardio Intervals


It was a bit hard getting going with Amy this morning but once I got in the groove, it felt good to work hard.  I like doing these interval workouts because I can switch up the moves when I get bored.  It is hard, after all, doing one move for extended periods of time.  So these are flexible and fun!  At lunch, I took a short walk outside since it was a nice day!

Tuesday: Amy's Head to Toe Body Sculpt + Ilyse's Heart-Pumping Groove


Insomnia has some advantages.  I got two workouts in this morning!  First up, my weights for the week, this time with Amy.  I hadn't done this Sculpt in a while and I really like it!  I kept all the cardio low-impact (too much high impact these days) but still got a great workout!  Next up, about 20 minutes of Ilyse's fun dance workout, which I love.  A great morning!....  Outside of the not sleeping part of it.

Wednesday:  McLean's HIIT - Bodyweight Circuits

The only good thing about this workout today....it's my last time to do it until my next Peak 10 Challenge!  Hallelujah!  As much as I complain about it, McLean leads a great workout....it's just not very fun for me.  They can't all be fun and that's why I keep doing this one.  I felt good when it was over - such a relief!

Thursday: PeakFit Cardio Strength 2 + weights


I did this CS on Sunday so I don't why I had it on my schedule to do again today...  But since I like it, I did it.  It's a good CS - and it's not as daunting as some of them.  At 5:30am, though, it's tough to get through.  I did all I could in the time I had and will do the rest on Sunday.  At lunch, I did weights at the rec.  

Friday:  PeakFit Dynamic Flexibility

This was just what I needed today - some flexibility work and that's it.  I love this workout.  You can see how Michelle's BodyFit 360 series grew out of this workout.  It's fun and super light.  So nice!  I finished off the morning with some core work.

Saturday:  Peak 10 More Cardio Interval Burn + Scott's Multi-Level Cardio Drills

After a light Friday, I was ready to work hard this morning.  I did Michelle's second CIB which is one of my favorites.  So much fun!  And challenging!  The first circuit gets me every time.  After that (55 minutes), I tuned into Scott's Drills for 20 minutes of additional cardio.  Yes, I'm a masochist.  Ha!  Then, a nice stretch and sit-ups.

Sunday:  Michelle's Cardio Strength 1 on Glo + cardio

This morning, I felt a bit gross.  I took comfort in the fact that I knew the peaks in this CS wouldn't kill me.  Ha!  And I made it all the way through this CS with no problems.  Yay!  After that ended, I finished up the CS from Thursday…and added on a few minutes of my own cardio for a total of 70 minutes of work.  Whew!  I finished off with the 12 pound weights for 5 minutes.  I then did some ab work and had a nice stretch!

Calorie Counts:

Monday - 1156
Tuesday - 1139
Wednesday - bad
Thursday - 1483
Friday - bad
Saturday - BAD
Sunday - 1163

We had a spontaneous date night on Wednesday…..and that blew my diet out of the water.  Sigh.  When I did my measurements on Saturday, they were still pretty good….but I feared stepping on the scale.  I'll have to do that in a week, no excuse!


No comments: