Wednesday, December 21, 2016

After You

Last year, at this time, I finished Jojo Moyes' Me Before You.  It was purely coincidental that I took the sequel on the same CO trip this year as last.  After You was not as good as the original, but I still enjoyed it.

My Goodreads review:

While reading Me Before You, I really grew to like Louisa Clarke and her family.  This is her story of growth and transformation after Will Traynor's death.

Louisa is, understandably, not the happiest of souls in this novel: she's struggling with Will's death.  Her parents are struggling with feminism after her mother catches up with modernity and decides to abandon some of her wifely obligations.  This is the comic relief of the story.  


But the real story of After You occurs when Louisa meets Will's daughter, Lily.  Together, they help each other grow emotionally by dealing with their "issues."  I can't say that I enjoyed this book as much as the first, but Louisa's journey is one that I find intriguing and heartwarming.  

No comments: