Monday, December 12, 2016

FitnessGlo Challenge #2: Week Six

It's that time of year.  There's food everywhere!  I'm not going crazy, by any means, but I'm eating worse than usual.  

So, as always, that makes me super motivated to work out.

Monday: Ilyse's Dance Intervals 101 + Groovy Dance Party + walk

Cardio time!  I love Ilyse's Dance Intervals - it gets you going hard and fast.  You jump, jog, and jack for quite a while before you get a break.  And then you keep coming back to it with intervals.  Whew!  After that fun, I did another favorite, Groovy Dance, which I always make as high-impact as possible.  At lunch, I walked the track at the rec center, wanting to burn as many calories as possible.  For some reason, at the end of the day, my bum was aching.  What did Ilyse do to me?!

Tuesday: Amy's Cardio Intervals + Sports Sculpt


Amy got me going this morning with Intervals.  This workout is tough because the intervals are 30, 60, and 90 seconds long.  90 seconds is always longer than you think.  Dang!  After that, Sports Sculpt was a bit lighter but I kept going hard.  There was no lunch-time workout but I went to hear our nutritionist talk, which meant a long across-campus walk.  Then, I had to walk to the other end of campus (literally) for a meeting. So, lots of steps!

Wednesday: Shape's Bikini Body Camp Transforming + Scott's HIIT - Sports Inspired Intervals

I was ready to work hard this morning after a semi-bad dinner last night.  First up, Michelle's cardio from Shape's Transforming workout.  I love this one - it works you hard without killing you - burpees and lunge jumps included.  Dang!  After that, I finished up my morning with Scott's HIIT - always a good choice.  No lunchtime workout but more walking around campus, so that was something.

Thursday:  Ilyse's Your Best, Sweaty Self + Denise's Interval Sweat + walk


This morning started out okay but I soon started feeling very bad. I got through these workouts but it was not easy.  I like Ilyse's workout but it's definitely one of her most intense videos.  Dang.  I skipped the tuck jumps because I felt so bad, I couldn't physically do that.  Instead, I did high knees.  After that fun, I did Denise's workout, which at least alternates all the high impact with some squats.  At lunch, I walked outside in the blistery cold wind.  Fun.

Friday - Sunday: weekend getaway

No comments: