Wednesday, April 12, 2017

Birds of a Feather

I enjoyed the first Maisie Dobbs novel last year and was excited to be given the second book in the series as a gift.  Here's my review of Birds of a Feather....

The second Maisie Dobbs novel was similar to the first, without the glimpses into Maisie's past. There's a new mystery to solve, which leads to another mystery. Maisie, however, is up to the task and manages to solve what the police could not.

I missed the glimpses into Maisie's past in the novel. I'm not sure how much I like Maisie, the person. She seems very hypocritical and quick-to-judge, despite her training to be open-minded. But I'm still curious about Maisie's past and that's what makes her character so intriguing - what shaped her into the investigator.

And so I'll have to read another Maisie Hobbs novel, in hopes of better understanding - and liking - this character.

No comments: