Monday, April 24, 2017

Cathe Challenge: Week Five

I'm trying to stay positive about my thyroid - but that's easier said than done.  

Thankfully, I'm enjoying Cathe's workouts and how different they are from my normal Michelle Dozois/Peak 10.  


This week is a little messed up due to not working out last Saturday but hey - changing things up is good, right!?

Monday: Cathe's Cardio Mish Mosh + walk + YWA

This week, I'll be doing weights on Monday, Wednesday, Friday, Sunday.  So, today, I tuned into Cardio Mish Mosh, which is 95% cardio and 5% weights.  I added on a few extra minutes of weights at the end to feel like I did some work.  Cathe's cardio is typically the same so I was happy to see some different moves in this workout.  At lunch, I walked outside for 25 minutes since it was a nice day.  Then thunderstorms rolled in, cutting our internet at home, which meant I did a downloaded YWA from Yoga Revolution.  It was nice and - gentle!

Tuesday: Cathe's High Energy Kickboxing + YWA

Kickboxing day - my second favorite day of the week (after my rest day!).  This workout was fun - it focused on kickboxing instead of straight cardio.  So, I jumped a bit less than usual, which was nice.  Cathe also did more kicking than usual - also a nice change.  I'll definitely have to do this workout again!  After work, I did a lovely YWA.  For quite a while, Adriene forced me to stand straight, with my legs far apart - do you know how difficult this is to do properly?  Dang!  My legs were shaking!

Wednesday:  The Gymbox's Cardio Dance + weights + YWA


A low-impact day today - yay!  I tuned into this Cardio Dance with Jodi, for the second time. And it may be the last time.  It's a little too light.  I tell you, I really miss Ilyse Baker's Glo workouts.  Sigh.  Nothing, so far, can compare to her.  At lunch, I did weights at the rec center.  There was one scary moment when I felt like my shoulder displaced - yikes!  Thankfully, I corrected it and kept lifting.  After work, this YWA for hamstrings was very nice!

Thursday:  Dozois' Body Fit 360 + walk

Today is my light day (instead of Friday) so it was fun to do the original Body Fit with Michelle.  Though I call it "light," you work hard in these videos!  I didn't do all the cardio so I could finish the full stretch, but it was still a great workout!  At lunch, I walked outside for 20 minutes.

Friday:  Cathe's Boot Camp Blast Off + YWA

Time for weights today!  Cathe's Boot Camp was great!  This is one of my favorite Cathe workouts so far!  This workout had six segments.  Each segment contained one (or two) cardio moves followed by three weighted moves.  The compound exercises were really nice and it was a great workout!  Yay, Cathe!  After work, I did this nice YWA to aid digestion - only because it was the right length of time for today.

Saturday: Peak 10 Cardio Interval Burn - Fat Blaster

Today was an awful day.  I'm lucky I got to work out.  And it was a struggle to get through this CIB because I was exhausted and achy when I did it - at 2pm.  But I love this workout.  And as I was doing it, I remembered reading a scathing review which criticized the overly complicated choreography.  Yes, it's more complicated but on the third try, it's a lot easier.  Michelle evolves a lot in her workouts; she has become more innovative.  I really appreciate this after doing so many similar Cathe workouts.  I added on 5 minutes of my own cardio to get a full hour of work in - then ab work and a stretch.

Sunday:  Peak 10 Cardio Strength Remix + The Gymbox's EDI: Walking + weights

I wasn't really looking forward to this workout because my body was super sore.  But I got through it, doing all the peaks and all the weighted moves.  Yay!  I like it when I do something 100%!  After that 50 minutes, I tuned into an easy walking workout by Dana on The Gymbox for 10 minutes.  I really upped the moves to make them more dynamic but still low-impact.  After that, five minutes with the 12-pound weights followed by a stretch.

Calorie Counts:

Monday - 1161
Tuesday - 1161
Wednesday - 1140
Thursday - 1316
Friday - 1155
Saturday - bad
Sunday - 1188

No comments: