Monday, April 17, 2017

Cathe Challenge: Week Four

This Cathe workout challenge has been fun - and challenging!  Cathe's workouts are very different from the others I do, so it's a good change.  Maybe I'll see some good results after it's all said and done.

Monday: Cathe's Sweat, Jump, and Pump + YWA

I was at home today because of a family medical issue.  That gave me time to work out for  bit longer.  Cathy's Sweat, Jump, and Pump is half strength, using weights.  Since I'd done weights yesterday, I didn't touch them for this workout.  When I couldn't modify the strength moves (there were plenty of squats and lunges), I did cardio instead.  I worked for a full hour.  Whew!  Then, I did Adriene's 21-minute yoga stretch, which was lovely after a hard workout.

Tuesday: Cathe's Kick Punch Cardio + weights + YWA

After three days of high intensity workouts, I needed something a bit lighter today.  (And my legs were killing me after yesterday's workout.)  Cathe's kickboxing workouts are usually a bit lighter than her straight cardio because there's less jumping.  Today, I took ALL the jumping out of her Kick Punch Cardio to keep it low-impact.  I still got a great workout and enjoyed all the kicking and punching.  Ha!  At lunch, I did weights at the rec center. So glad for that to be over for the week.  I did this YWA for digestion because it looked a bit challenging - and it was.  So many twists, whenever you talk about digestion in yoga.  

Wednesday: Cathe's Cross Fire Quick Fix + Quick Fix Kickboxing + walk + YWA

So this Cross Fire was tough - so much cardio!  And Cathe's cardio is more strength-centric than other workouts.  In other words, you're doing squats and leg work like crazy.  But Cathe has great legs so I'll try to keep up!  After the first workout ended - 30 minutes later (hence, quick) - I tuned into the Kickboxing workout, doing that for 15 minutes.  It was good - more jumping!  At lunch, I walked at the rec center and then did ab work.  YWA's healthy posture practice was a good thing, after sitting at my desk all day.

Thursday: Cathe's Cardio Circuit Challenge Express + YWA

I needed weights this morning and this workout was surprisingly enjoyable.   It alternates cardio blasts and weights - thankfully some of the blasts are not squat related.  Yay!  But this one was good.  I generally like Cathe's compound weighted exercises - they're good and not too painful!  After work, I only had time for a short YWA but this one was good!

Friday:  The Gymbox's Extreme Cardio + YWA


Today I was off from work but still got up at my normal time - with Mr. Higgins, who had to work - to get my work out in before lots of fun chores.  I did Dana's Extreme Cardio class and it was tough - she's a lot like Ashli, who I also like - because you just keep going and going and going....  Like the Energizer Bunny.  It was grueling but I was glad to get a good workout today.  After that 45 minutes, I did a 19-minute YWA - Feel Good Flow.  It was nice after a tough workout!

Saturday: REST

Sunday:  Cathe's Boxing, HIIT Blasts, and Core + The Gymbox's Extreme Cardio

Back from my parents' house today - and after eating too much for Easter - I tuned into Cathe's cardio workout.  Thankfully, she started with boxing to help ease me into the thing.  After about 20 minutes of boxing, she did 15 minutes of HIIT.  Wow.  After that, I tuned into Ashli's Extreme Cardio....which was very much like Dana's workout on Friday.  I jumped and jogged and jacking and hopped and leaped and.....  Sigh.  After five minutes of abs with Cathe, I stretched.  

Calorie Counts:

This was NOT a good week.  But when I weighed on Friday - before all the bad eating, I was the same as last Friday, after not eating great last weekend.  So at least there's that.

No comments: