Monday, April 10, 2017

Cathe Challenge: Week Three

Two weeks down, six to go.  And six weeks until our next cruise.  Eek!

My weight is way, way too high.  I'm getting a bit desperate.  Thankfully, I have a great workout resource at my fingertips: Cathe Live!

Monday: Cathe's Old School Cardio Plus Kickboxing + YWA

I didn't quite see how this Old School workout was any different than Cathe's other cardio workouts.  I think she is just old school - and that's perfectly okay!  As always, this workout was intense - as in non-stop.  Dang!  These really get to be exhausting when you do them almost every day of the week!  After work, I did this YWA - which focused on breathing and the foundations of yoga.  Very good!

Tuesday:  Cathe's Hi-Lo Cardio and Core + walk + YWA


So I kind of got my workouts mixed up in the wee hours this morning.  I thought I was doing one with weights but this was all cardio.  So, I did my own weights throughout to take a break from Cathe's non-stop cardio.  Oy.  At lunch, I walked at the rec center and then did some core work.  And at the end of the day, I did this rainy day YWA.  No, it wasn't rainy but it seemed to suit my very tired mood.

Wednesday: Cathe's Bun Burners Barre and Ball + walk + YWA

In the spirit of low-intensity, I tuned into Cathe's lower body workout today.  This had no jumping, no "cardio" - just body weight exercises for legs.  If that doesn't sound painful, then you don't work out.  Dang!  I made it through the standing work with minimal pain - but still some pain - but the barre was almost torture.  Actually, it may have been honest-to-goodness torture.  And my masochistic self loved it.  I stopped there - I don't own a stability ball.  At lunch, I walked outside for 25 minutes, enjoying the short Texas spring while I can.  After work, I tuned into this YWA - though I'm nowhere near to being able to do crow.

Thursday: The Gymbox's Extreme Cardio + weights

This morning, I did an extreme cardio workout that was led by Ashli.  I really like her but she's tough.  You never stop in her workouts and I didn't today.  This workout consisted of HIIT bursts but in between you're jumping and jacking.  Whew!  I didn't do the tuck jumps that she performed - but I still jumped.  At lunch, I did weights at the rec center.  I'm going to feel these tomorrow.

Friday: The Gymbox's Advanced Power Yoga + walk

I wanted yoga today but I wanted a break from Adriene.  I love YWA but I wanted to test my yoga skills with other instructors.  The Gymbox's Chrissy was okay.  This practice was for hip openers, in the hopes of getting to the splits.  I'm so close to the splits!  Arg!  This was a good practice and tested me in new ways.  At lunch, I walked outside for 20 minutes.

Saturday:  Cathe's Cardio Boxing + The Gymbox's Extreme Cardio

Time for cardio and more cardio.  I did the first 30 minutes of Cathe's boxing workout, until she started with weights.  But that 30 minutes was good; I like Cathe's boxing workouts, I think!  After that, I tuned into Ashli's workout on The Gymbox.  This workout was very similar to the one I did on Thursday - non-stop jumping.  Whew!  But it was a good workout.  After all that, I did some ab work and then stretched.

Sunday:  Peak 10 More Cardio Strength + weights

I was not looking forward to Michelle's toughest CS this morning.  This one goes to the floor so much - it's just so tiring.  Somehow, I made it through, but I don't know how.  I added on 10 minutes of my own cardio to get a full 60 minutes of work in. Then, five minutes with the heavier weights.  After all that, it was good to stretch.

Calorie Counts

Between Monday and Thursday, I dropped five pounds.  On Tuesday, I ate all of 900 calories.  That may have had something to do with it.  But then I ate horribly on Friday and Saturday, likely negating any poundage lost.  Ugh.

No comments: