Wednesday, April 26, 2017

Iron Maiden


It's been a while since I've had a FO.  So long, in fact, that you probably forgot what FO stands for!  That's finished object in knitterspace-verse.  Ha!  

I was so excited to knit this pattern with such a lovely yarn.  I bought this stuff two years ago at a Fiber Fest and it's gorgeous and super soft.  The color is amazing - purples, pinks, yellows, and dashes of bright red and bright purple.  Love it!  

Pattern: Iron Maiden by Marisa Hernandez
Yarn: Dye2Spin 50/50 SW Merino Silk Fingering

Needles: US 7 circs
Made for: me
Time to completion: 7 months


This project is the beginning of a new quest for my knitting self.  I can't do lace.  There are so many mistakes in this thing, you only get to see the part that looks okay.  By the end of this project, I was disgusted with myself and my knitting.  So, a break from lace.  Until then, I'm going to google every stitch that I read before making it (except knit, purl).   I'm that annoyed with my lack of knowledge. Things I thought I knew how to do, I obviously don't.  Ugh!

So!  Watch for more knitting talk and, hopefully, more FOs, as I begin my quest to become a better knitter.  

No comments: