Thursday, June 14, 2018

Bacon Potato Salad

Mr. Higgins loves every kind of fattening salad out there - chicken salad, egg salad, tuna salad, pasta salad, macaroni salad, potato salad, bean salad....  I have my light chicken salad that we love but I want to find a good - not necessarily low fat - potato salad recipe that I can take to family gatherings.

I've decided that this is my summer goal: potato salad  For my first test run, I chose this Bacon Potato Salad recipe.  I omitted the spinach and accidentally forgot the parsley.  And....I didn't use as much bacon.  This was potato salad - not bacon salad, after all.  I used six strips of center cut (lean) bacon and that was plenty.

Mr. Higgins and I both agreed that this recipe was missing something.  Maybe more dressing, maybe another spicy ingredient...  It was very, very tasty but not quite the recipe for us to keep.

So the search continues!

No comments: