Monday, June 4, 2018

RWH + XTrain Rotation: Week 1

I'm back from a relaxing vacation!  And I even got some workouts in while we were away - and staying home!

I only had one day last week where I did nothing - due to travel.  That was Tuesday.  On Sunday, Monday, Wednesday, and the next Sunday, I did YWA, trying to finish up Adriene's 30 Days of Yoga.  Then, on the other days, I did a Dozois Cardio Interval Burn and a Cardio Strength. I even tried a Kelly Coffey-Meyer strength workout one day.  It was good to do some different things and they all worked me hard.


Now I'm ready to start Cathe's RWH + XTrain eight week rotation.  XTrain is supposed to build muscle; Ripped with HIIT is designed to shed fat. That sounds like a great combination!

Monday: Cathe's XTrain: Hard Strikes + ICE Blizzard Blast (kickboxing)

This was a tough day.  We let Odo go and buried her in the country.  Before all of that, I managed this workout.  Hard Strikes is not my favorite kickboxing workout - mainly because it's about 80% cardio and 20% boxing.  Oy.  I jumped a lot and my feet were hurting.  That lasted for 30 minutes.  I then decided - rather insanely - to jump some more with this Blizzard Blast from Rock'm Sock'm.  It's fun but I could have used something softer.   After a stretch, I was done.

Tuesday: YWA

Today was a travel day for Odo's burial.  I got to work at noon, which meant there was no time to work out.  After work, I did this YWA - my last day of Adriene's 30 Days of Yoga.  Yes!  It  feels good to accomplish all of these practices.  Some were definitely difficult.  

Wednesday: Cathe's RWH: Upper Body Circuit 

In my Cathe Metabolic Circuit, I did this workout a few times - so it wasn't new to me.  And it still kicked my butt.  I don't know if it's the sudden onset of brutally hot temperatures or the humidity, but I'm dying in these workouts.  And then I can't cool off.  Sigh.  But I got a good workout and really taxed my arms.  

Thursday: Cathe's XTrain: Legs + walk + YWA

I haven't done this leg workout in a while, and I think this was only the third time I'd gone through it....  It's not my favorite.  I think Cathe has much better leg workouts - even in her live workouts.  But this one is varied and contains quite a bit of excruciating floor work.  At lunch, I walked at the rec center and did all my ab work.  Then, after work, this YWA was a great way to stretch out the legs for a final time.  And it got me a bit sweaty.  Ha!

Friday:  Cathe's RWH: Low Impact HIIT 1 & 2

Cathe has some great low impact workouts and these may be some of the best.  Each of these workouts run about 25 minutes.  So I did all of the first one and part of the second.  They're different only in that the second one uses weights throughout to increase the intensity.   For both, my heart was pounding.  It felt great to work hard without all the jumping.  

Saturday: Cathe's RWH: Upper Body Circuit + XTrain Abs 1

I'm strictly following Cathe's RWH + XTrain 8-week rotation and it does have Upper Body Circuit twice this first week.  At least I remembered it from Wednesday!  It really gets me out of breath - lots of super tough HIITs interspersed with all the arm work.  I added on five minutes of my own cardio to get in 40 minutes.  Then, I finished up just a few exercises on the floor from Thursday's leg workout.  And then - abs.  Ouch!  This ab workout is tough.  But at least I got to stretch and relax afterwards!

Sunday: Cathe's To the Max + YWA

This morning, I had Cathe's Crossfire in my head....so I was pleasantly surprised to see that I was doing To the Max instead.  Whew!  The two workouts are similar but Crossfire is even tougher than this one.  To the Max worked me hard.  I did the warm-up, solid step, step tabata, HIIT, and compound leg work.  I then cooled down for five minutes - so 45 minutes of work.  Whew!  I then stretched and did this nice, short, relaxing YWA.  

Calorie Counts:

This week wasn't great but I had a few good days.  I was annoyed that I only got one walk in at lunch, but sometimes, life happens.  Maybe I'll feel confident enough to get on the scale next week; it wasn't happening this week.

1 comment:

Marta said...

Hi,

Can you please share the link where I can find this rotation?

Thanks

Marta