Monday, June 18, 2018

RWH + XTrain Rotation: Week 3

I'm liking this rotation so far....but not quite as much as the metabolic one I did last.  Oh, well - you can't love them all.

Despite being scared, I was glad I weighed last week.  With Father's Day and work obligations, this week will not be great.  I'll have to work hard to shave off as many calories as possible with Cathe.

Monday: Cathe's High Energy Kickboxing Live + XTrain Abs 1 + YWA

I woke up feeling horrible.  I did this YWA just to get moving because it was super light.  At the end of the day, I tackled my main workout.  I love Cathe's kickboxing!  My only gripe with this workout is that I wish it had more punching combos.  But at least it kept my heart rate up there!  It was fun and got me a ton of steps!  I then tried this ab workout, since two are on the agenda this week.  These XTrain ab workouts are some of the hardest ever.  Ever!

Tuesday: Cathe's RWH: Upper Body Circuit + YWA

After doing this workout for the third time in just over two weeks, I'm not sure how many more times I can do it over the course of the next five weeks.  I may have to sub out some of Cathe's live workouts instead.  I like this workout, don't get me wrong....  But doing something over and over bores me.  I've also done this YWA several times but it's such a good, short one!

Wednesday: Cathe's RWH: Low Impact HIIT 2 + Rhythmic Step + walk


So much cardio this week!  The rotation is good in alternating heavy cardio weeks and heavy weight weeks but I almost wish it was more balanced every week...  All this cardio hurts my feet!  This HIIT 2 is really good.  It lasts for about 25 minutes so I then tuned into an older Cathe step workout to cool down and lower the heart rate for a bit.  At lunch, I walked at the rec center and did ab work.

Thursday: Cathe's RWH: Low Impact HIIT 1 + Basic Step

More cardio!  I'm so glad I had two days of low impact after Monday and Tuesday.  This HIIT is good - tough, actually, because of how fast the moves are in order the keep the heart rate up.  After that 25 minutes, I tuned into another old step workout in order to cool down.  I just can't jump and hop so many consecutive days!!

Friday: Cathe's XTrain: SuperCuts + walk


So I completely forgot how much work SuperCuts really is.  This workout is amazing - my heart rate was sky high because of all the fast-paced compound moves.  I was even able to add a pound to my previous weights - going from 8 to 9 to make it just a bit more intense.  Talk about huffing and puffing!  At work, I walked outside for about 20 minutes.  Considering all the cardio this week, I didn't beat myself up for not going to the rec.

Saturday: Cathe's XTrain: Cardio Leg Blast + XTrain Abs 2 + YWA

Metabolic leg day!  I love this workout.  It works you so hard yet you feel so accomplished afterward.  It alternates a cardio blast and a leg strength move.  You work every angle of the legs and it's amazing.  After that 50 minutes, I did abs.....these are so tough but I think this one is easier than the first one.  And then, a nice YWA to cool down and stretch.  It was a great morning!

Sunday: REST

For Father's Day festivities.

Calorie Counts:

It was a bad week.  I'll leave it at that.

No comments: