Monday, June 25, 2018

RWH + XTrain Rotation: Week 4

After eating too much on Father's Day, I'm definitely motivated to work hard this week.

And after so much cardio last week, I'm happy to see a lot of strength training this week.  My feet need a break!

Monday: Cathe's RWH: Lift It HIIT It Back, Biceps and Shoulders + walk + YWA


Despite the Lift It HIIT It title, there is no cardio in this workout; it is pure strength.  And I loved it!  Cathe leads you through 3 sets of each exercise, most with 12 reps, and then you end with a "finisher" - usually using the band.  I liked being able to lift heavy!  At work, I walked at lunch to get steps but it was so nice getting away from the office.  I was not ready for Monday to arrive so quickly.  This YWA was more stretch than anything - which was good, considering how exhausted I was by the end of the day.

Tuesday: Cathe's XTrain: All Out Low Impact HIIT + XTrain Abs 1 + YWA

I hadn't done this Low Impact HIIT in a while and it was a nice change from the RWH low impact workouts.  There is no doubting the intensity of this workout but I like that it's not super long - around 40 minutes.  After work, it was time to do this core workout - which really, really hurt me last week.  Thankfully, it didn't have the same effect this week.  I followed up that core with this short YWA.   Very nice!

Wednesday: Cathe's Cardio HIIT Metabolic 


Yay, a metabolic workout!  This one isn't on the official rotation but I wanted to add in some of these because I love them so much.  Unfortunately, this morning was awful - catastrophe after catastrophe - so I was a little distracted.  I got through most of this - up to the core - which was good.  But it was not as enjoyable as anticipated.  

Thursday: Dozois' PeakFit Dynamic Flexibility + YWA

After last week's forced rest day (Father's Day), on which I did nothing, I was happy to have a regular rest day.  I still love this flexibility workout from Michelle and really wish I could find more like it.  After work, this YWA was really nice.  I should have done a more flow-y yoga, but it was good to stretch and relax after a stressful day.

Friday: Cathe's RWH: Lift It HIIT It Chest, Triceps, and Shoulders + walk

I'm loving these new RWH Cathe workouts!  This one was very effective.  My arms were burning!  This was similar to Monday's workout - you do 3 sets of each exercise followed by a finisher to make you really burn.  Most sets consisted of 12 reps and I went as heavy as I could...and frequently had to go down in weight for the third set.  Ouch!  And the finishers are just brutal.   At lunch, I walked at the rec center in order to get steps.  It was so hot outside!  Just getting to and from the rec was torture!

Saturday: Cathe's RWH: Lift It HIIT It Legs 

I love this workout.  It's tough but I love it.  I love taxing my legs.  I love weight work that keeps my heart rate sky high.  I love alienating cardio and weights.  Cathe does such a great job of pairing a cardio move that works the muscles you just taxed with weights.  This video lasts for almost 40 minutes.  Afterward, I did my own cardio to get in 45 full minutes of work.  Then, I stretched really well.  Deadlifts frequently make me sore the next day so I always try to stretch more when I do them!

Sunday:  Cathe's XTrain: Tabatacise + XTrain Abs 2

Wow.  This workout may be the most consistently intense workout in Cathe's vast repertoire.  You don't get a break.  There are five tabatas.  Each one contains four exercises, which you repeat once for eight exercise.  After that, you do a short stint on the step for "an active recovery."  That lets you get your breath and your heart rate goes down just a tad before the next tabata.  My heart rate stayed at or above 150 for most of this workout.  Whew!  I added on a bit to get a full 45 minutes of work in.  After that, I did my last XTrain Ab workout of this rotation.  YES!  That was the best thing about this day!  And then I stretched.  

Calorie Counts:

Monday - 1230
Tuesday - 1230
Wednesday - 1313
Thursday - 1191
Friday - 1557
Saturday - BAD
Sunday - 1550

I needed a better eating week and mostly achieved it.  Next week will be awful!  I weighed and was up just a bit from where I'd like to be....but that's understandable. 

No comments: