Thursday, June 21, 2018

Winter Capelet




Pattern: Winter Capelet by PaulinPopiolek
Yarn: Sundara Yarn Aran Merino in Hawaiian Nights + Manos del Uruguay Maxima in Blueberry

Needles: US 7
Made for: my mom
Time to completion: 3 weeks


I've had this FO for quite some time but couldn't post about it until I'd given it to it's recipient!  And I was a little nervous about that - the gauge was so different from the pattern that I was a bit worried about it fitting.  Thankfully, it did!! 

**My mom specifically asked for this capelet - and she picked out the Sundara. 

I love this pattern.  I wish I had used stitch markers in the lace because I did make some mistakes - but stitch markers would have helped me keep the pattern.  Lessons learned!  The yarn was gorgeous but since my gauge was off, I quickly realized I wasn't going to have enough.  And Sundara didn't have anymore!  So, I went to my LYS and found this Manos which I used for sporadic rows near the top.  I don't think you can tell - too much.  And I cast off with the Sundara.  


So, success!  I'm enjoying all this knitting so much.  I can't even tell you.  I'm a bit obsessed.

No comments: