Thursday, April 1, 2010

Big Knitting Plans

Of the many plans and things I want to do when I finally move back to the city, starting a knitting group is one. It'll hopefully start with just SK, but maybe it will evolve to include some of our other friends.

I've always wanted to have a knitting group, primarily as a way to make myself knit! My knitting has fallen by the wayside lately....heck, it's fallen off the planet for the last year! And I have too many UFOs and too much yarn sitting around to completely ignore it any longer. Speaking of, is there going to be room in my new home for all my yarn?? Holy crap! I have no idea!

The other benefit to a knitting group is actually forcing myself to be sociable - a little. I can only do so much talking and socializing but I need to do something. The last time I lived in the big city, I was practically a hermit! I cannot let myself fall into my old, bad, yet comfortable, habits. Then again....I knitted a lot more as a hermit. Hm....

Bottom line is that I hope having one night a week dedicated to knitting will help restore the balance.... Productivity without becoming a hermit, that's the goal!

No comments: